Madison College has adopted the following procedures for students who are ordered or inducted into active service in the U.S. armed forces or who are requested to work for the federal government during a national emergency or limited national emergency:
- Students who have been called to active duty, should contact the Veterans Service Office at the Enrollment Center in Room A1000 at the Truax campus,or via phone at (608) 246-6038.
- If the student is activated well into the semester, he or she is encouraged to work with his/her instructors individually to decide what to do about the balance of the semester work.
- Students will be asked to provide a copy of their active duty orders to the Enrollment Center. If the student is unable to provide a copy in person, a parent, spouse or other individual may submit a copy on his/her behalf. This may be done either in person, via fax, or through the mail.
- A formal withdraw process must be initiated. The student or his/her representative may initiate the procedure on the student's behalf. Students must officially withdraw to receive refunds of tuition/fees and may receive failing grades if they do not withdraw. Additionally, students who are receiving GI Bill® Education Benefits and do not officially withdraw could find themselves in an overpayment situation with the Veterans' Administration.
- The College will provide as full a refund of tuition and fees as possible to students called into active service. Tuition and fee refunds will first be directed to repay Federal financial aid. In some cases, Madison College will be required to utilize a portion of the tuition and fee refund to reduce the student's loan debt. Madison College will repay the College and student portion of Federal grants. The student will then receive a refund check in the mail.
- The College will provide priority readmission to students who are ordered or inducted into active service. Admission back into the student's program will take place upon the student's request at the next semester opportunity. It may be possible that a student will wait a semester due to program/course sequencing.
- Please direct questions to one of the resource specialists named above.
If you have additional questions, visit askMadisonCollege to view frequently asked Tuition & Fees questions, or phone the Enrollment Center at (608) 246-6210.