Welcome to the Testing & Assessment Department. The Truax Testing Center is located in Room D2603 in the main building of the campus. Our mission is to effectively provide comprehensive, accessible testing services that will promote student success and support college initiatives. Services offered include but are not limited to:
Student Testing Policies
- You must arrive on time.
- You must have a valid photo ID.
- Cell phones and all other electronic devices are not permitted in the testing rooms. Possession of a cell phone or other prohibited items while in the testing room will result in immediate dismissal from the exam and possible disciplinary action. If a cellphone is accessed, turned on or checked at any time during your session (including during a break) your test will be invalidated. This is to maintain the integrity of the test and is required as part of Madison College's contractual agreement with the testing companies. Lockers are available.
- Purses, backpacks and bags must be placed in lockers.
- There are surveillance cameras within the Testing Center.
- No children are permitted in the testing area
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the testing room.
- Calculators are allowed for specific tests. If a personal calculator is allowed, it will be examined before testing.
- Open book/open note testing is only permitted for authorized tests.
- Once a test is issued, it must be completed in one sitting.
- Proctoring services for non-Madison College students will be assessed a fee of $20 per hour with a maximum of $40.
- Students, employees and visitors are prohibited from possessing or carrying weapons while in any of the Madison College Testing Centers. This includes on-duty, certified law enforcement personnel in uniform. Law enforcement personnel are asked to schedule tests when they are off-duty and not in uniform. This does not include Madison College public safety personnel or authorized instructors from the school of Human and Protective services.
- Acts of dishonesty are subject to disciplinary action (Academic Integrity).
The testing rooms are confined spaces. Please be considerate in your use of fragrance and refrain from applying or using fragrance and/or similar products, as the use of such products may trigger allergic reactions and create health problems.
If you have any questions or require accommodations, please contact us at assessmentcenter-CAC@madisoncollege.edu or (608) 246-5220.
If you require classroom testing accommodations, please contact Accommodated Testing at (608)246-5220 option 5 or Toll Free (800)322-6282.