This page explains how to request and send official transcripts and test scores to Madison College, as well as how to request an official transcript of your coursework completed at Madison College.

Sending Transcripts To Madison Area Technical College

When you apply to a degree program at the college, you may be asked to send your official high school and/or college transcripts, assessment test scores and/or additional documentation required by the program to which you are applying (check the "Admission Requirements" tab on the web page for your specific degree program for details.)

Official documents should be sent to the Enrollment Center at the address below, or delivered in-person to the Enrollment Center, Truax - Room A1000, or any regional or metro campus office.

Enrollment Center
Madison Area Technical College
1701 Wright Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53704

Transcripts and test scores submitted to Madison College are electronically imaged upon receipt and original documents confidentially destroyed. Imaged documents are kept on file for three years. After this time, you may need to resubmit transcripts and test scores.

Transcripts and test scores submitted to Madison College become the property of the college and cannot be returned to you. If you would like a copy of your transcript or test score for your personal use, contact your previous educational institution or the testing agency and request copies to be issued directly to you.

Official Transcripts & Test Scores

Transcripts must be sent directly from your previous school to Madison College to be considered official. Transcripts delivered in a sealed envelope from the original institution are also considered official. Madison College does not accept faxed, emailed, scanned, advising copies, campus use only, or web produced transcripts. Madison College does accept electronic transcripts from an approved third party vendor (e.g., Parchment, Credentials, National Clearinghouse).

Test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to be considered official. Madison College does not accept copies of student score reports or scores listed on high school transcripts.

Any unofficial transcript or test score received by the college will not be linked to the student academic records and will be confidentially destroyed upon receipt.

International Transcripts

If you are applying to a degree program and your previous schooling (high school and/or college) has taken place outside of the United States, please submit your original official academic records in the original language. If your records are not in English, you will also need to submit a professional translation into English. Or, you may choose to submit an official, professional course-by-course credential evaluation in lieu of your official academic records and a professional translation. For a list of professional translation and evaluation services, visit Credential Evaluation. If you currently live in the U.S. and are unable to secure additional official records, you may submit them in person so we can copy them and return the originals to you.

Note: If you are requesting transfer credit for post-secondary courses, you must submit an official course-by-course credential evaluation. For a list of professional evaluation services, visit Credential Evaluation.

High School Transcripts

If you are currently in high school and are applying to a program or certificate at Madison College, submit your official in-progress high school transcripts with your admissions application. Once you graduate from high school, you should also submit your final official high school transcript. High Schools will notify Madison College if an applicant does not graduate, at which time Madison College will contact the applicant with alternative options.

Home School Transcripts

Home schooled students should submit a transcript produced by the home schooling agent responsible for instruction of the student. The transcript should list courses with grades and the grading scheme, or may just include detailed course descriptions. The transcript must be signed with an original ink signature and dated by the agent.

Students Unable to Obtain Documents Due to School Closure

In situations where a student is no longer able to obtain a transcript from a school due to closure, the student should contact their local or State Department of Public Instruction (DPI) to order an official document. If a public or private school record no longer exists, the student should contact DPI to request the following on official DPI letterhead: name of school, year school closed, name of student, and, if recorded, the year graduated. The letter must be signed with an original ink signature and dated by a DPI representative and submitted to Madison College.

Requesting Transcripts From Madison Area Technical College

Visit our Transcript Request page for details on how to request your Madison College transcript.

Requests for transcripts from other schools must be directed to that school. Madison College will not provide copies of transcripts from other schools submitted during the application process.

Requesting GED/HSED Transcripts

For information on requesting a transcript for GED or HSED, visit GED/HSED Transcript Request.


Search our knowledge base of frequently asked questions or submit a question at askMadisonCollege, or call (608) 246-6210.