Tuition & Fees
Compared to other area colleges, the low cost-per-credit at Madison College is a bargain.
Tuition and fees for the 2015-2016 school year are:
- $128.40 per associate degree, technical diploma/degree, degree certificates, or non-degree enrichment credit;
- $173.75 per college transfer (Liberal Arts Transfer) credit;
- $210.00 per community service credit, plus materials fee;
- $10.62 per credit Madison Campus' supplemental fee;
- $3.25 per credit Regional Campus' supplemental fee;
- $1.28 per associate degree or college transfer credit academic achievement fee, and a
- $46.00 commuter services supplemental fee charged to all students taking at least one degree credit at a Madison location.
Tuition is defined as program fees, material fees, parking fees, supplemental fees and other class fees. Other class fees may include books, equipment, field trips, uniforms, graduation and sales tax. Total fees vary depending on the number of credits and classes for which you register. View more information on fees.
Tuition for Non-Credit Courses
Some Madison College non-credit courses are developed for professional development to the professional and business audience and are offered at a higher cost. We are developing course descriptions to better identify the purpose of these courses.
Tuition for Non-Residents
2015-2016 school year - Non-resident out-of-state tuition is an additional $64.20 per credit for associate degree or technical diplomas. College transfer (Liberal Arts Transfer) out-of-state tuition is an additional $86.88 per credit. Non-resident tuition is not charged for online courses.
Non-resident tuition rates will be applied to individuals who hold a temporary, non-immigrant U.S. visa, including but not limited to B, F, J or H. The Residency Re-determination process may be used to apply for an adjustment of the tuition rate following a change of visa status to a permanent immigrant status.
Tuition for Online Courses
Tuition for all online (Internet-based) classes includes a $10 per credit online course fee. (There is a minimum charge of $10 per class for classes below one credit.)