What's your big idea?
Do you have a business idea that you have been pondering, an opportunity that you would like to explore? Would you like help in developing your opportunity? Then, participate in the Madison College Challenge, a business plan competition organized through the Center for Entrepreneurship.
Our many goals will be to draw in entrepreneurs who are at all stages of their journey. We encourage businesses opportunities from sectors such as traditional Main Street, to Digital Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Culinary, Agriculture and Social Good.
Finalists will have a chance to win a significant cash prize. Through participation you will get:
- Free business assistance and coaching
- Connection to Madison College and area resources
- A chance to win a significant cash prize to help step forward with your business idea
You don't have to be a business student to register; all Madison College students are eligible. All ideas will be considered - be creative!
The Madison College Challenge was created to:
- Inspire individuals to become entrepreneurs
- Connect individuals with Madison College alumni, academic experts and private industry professionals
- Help generate new ideas, knowledge and skill sets, attitudes and careers
- Provide a source of start-up funding for aspiring entrepreneurs within the Madison College district
All business idea summaries or videos are accepted through Friday, March 11, 2022.
Final pitch day is on Friday, May 6, 2022.
Rules for Participation
- Open to any credit or noncredit student that has been enrolled in a course between 2019-2021 and has not already been a Madison College Challenge finalist
- Contestants may enter as individuals or as part of a team
- Contest is for creation of a new business
- Once student’s business idea summary or video has been emailed, contestants will be required to meet with a Madison College Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIR) who will answer questions and coach them through next steps across several months
- Madison College employees and employees of sponsors are not eligible to enter contest
Step 1: Send Us Your Summary
Send your summary or video submission to email@example.com by Friday, March 11, 2022.
Express interest by submitting a 1-page summary or a video of 3 minutes or less, of your business or your idea. You should describe your vision, goals and any progress you’ve made to date.
Step 2: Meet With an Entrepreneur in Residence
Set up a meeting with an Entrepreneurs in Residence.
Students will need to meet with the Madison College Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIR) who will answer questions and coach you through next steps across several months. You will be assigned to an EIR once you submit your summary or video in Step 1.
Meeting several times with an EIR is required and doing so will determine eligibility for entry to the final pitch event.
Step 3: Pitch Event
Final pitch event will be held virtually on Friday, May 6, 2022.
If selected to move on, a 6-week boot camp will begin the week of March 21, 2022 to help prepare you for the final pitch event on May 6, 2022. You will meet once a week as a group with an EIR, work on concepts and create your deliverables for the pitch day.
On pitch day Judges will evaluate students who have turnkey business solutions ready for launch. They will look at students who started out with an idea and are in the early validation stages. They will take your stage of the journey into consideration. The student's goal is to tell a compelling story as to their progress and readiness for next steps.