The Live Production certificate at Madison College offers you an opportunity to learn about some of the unique and little-known jobs in the live music/concert industry, including sound, video & light engineering.
As a student in the Live Production certificate, you will have the opportunity to:
- Take a peek behind the curtain of the concert industry to discover what it takes to produce a live event. Professionals from various disciplines in the live music industry will share their knowledge about what type of jobs are available and the skills you’ll need to access those jobs successfully.
- Learn from industry professionals who will serve as guest lecturers. Interact in the classroom as they share their technical skills and knowledge about what it takes to succeed in this nontraditional industry.
- Learn how to create project management plans that address employer and customer needs
- Apply classroom knowledge by training on state-of-the-art sound and light equipment at Madison area equipment suppliers.
- Tour local music venues like the Sylvee, Orpheum, and Majestic Theater to talk to industry professionals and watch them in action.
Students in MATC's Live Production certificate can attend part-time.
Live Production certificate classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Once you've earned your certificate in Live Production from Madison College, you will be qualified for valuable work, including:
- Event Manager
- Production Manager
- Sound Engineer
- Live Sound Technician
- Lighting Designer
- Lighting Technician
- Audio/Visual Tech
- Video Production Tech
- Video Technician
- Event Producer
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2021-2022 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First Semester10-206-1561 credit10-206-1923 credits10-206-1933 credits10-206-1943 creditsSecond Semester
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Fall Application Dates
- Application available: February 1
- Application deadline: October 15
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application deadline: March 15
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- This certificate fills on a first-come, first-served basis; once capacity has been reached, it does not maintain a waitlist
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
Questions?Get Started!Apply to Madison College and take the first step towards your dream career.
After completing the Live Production certificate at Madison Area Technical College, you will be able to:
- Apply sound, lighting, and video engineering principles to events in all aspects of the live music industry.
- Demonstrate to potential employers your proficiency in the use of current software, techniques, and tools.
- Develop and execute a project management plan.
- Work with other professionals to successfully produce live events in a variety of venues.