The Retail Management Certificate at Madison College is designed to increase your skills and confidence in supervising, hiring, training, and leadership within retail or other related industries. Ideally, you will have previous experience working in retail, food service, or other sales industry positions when beginning this certificate, but that is not required.
Madison College's Retail Management program will teach you how to make recommendations for improvements in buying, visual merchandising, social media marketing, operations, finance, and human resources with a brick and mortar and virtual approach. Our instructors are ready to lead you up the ladder.
Students in the Retail Management program can attend full or part-time.
Retail Management classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Retail Management Certificate holders are ready for a range of professional sales positions, including:
- Store Manager
- Social media specialist/manager
- Assistant Store Manager
- Retail Operations Manager
- Retail Loss Prevention Manager
- Visual Merchandiser
With additional education and/or experience, graduates may find employment as:
- Store Owner
- Retail Buyer
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2022-2023 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Courses
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2023
Fall Application Dates
- Application opens on February 1, 2023
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2023
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
After completing the Retail Management Certificate program at Madison College, you will be able to:
- Develop marketing strategies for use in the fashion industry.
- Analyze business data/information to support decision-making.
- Execute a visual merchandising plan.
- Plan retail/fashion business activities to enhance customer experience.
- Demonstrate communication skills with customers, peers, supervisors and other stakeholders in the fashion industry.
Summer Service Hours
- Monday – Wednesday: 9 am - 3 pm In-Person, 8 am - 4 pm Virtual
- Thursday: 8 am - 4 pm Virtual Only
- Friday: 8 am - 12 pm Virtual Only