The Retail Management Certificate at Madison College is designed to increase your skills and confidence in supervising, hiring, training, and leadership within retail management. Ideally, you will have previous experience working in retail, food service, or other sales industry positions when beginning this certificate, but that is not required.
Madison College's Retail Management program will teach you how to make recommendations for improvements in buying, visual merchandising, social media marketing, operations, finance, and human resources. Our instructors are ready to lead you up the ladder.
Students in the Retail Management program can attend full or part-time.
Retail Management classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Retail Management Certificate holders are ready for a range of professional sales positions, including:
- Store Manager
- Social media specialist/manager
- Assistant Store Manager
- Retail Operations Manager
- Retail Loss Prevention Manager
- Visual Merchandiser
With additional education and/or experience, graduates may find employment as:
- Store Owner
- Retail Buyer
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2021-2022 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Courses
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Fall Application Dates
- Application available: February 1
- Application deadline: October 15
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application deadline: March 15
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- This certificate fills on a first-come, first-served basis; once capacity has been reached, it does not maintain a waitlist
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.