If you are already registered for classes and only need a printout of your planner results, skip to step 14 below.
- Log into myMadisonCollege and click on the "Student Center" icon.
- Under the "Academics: heading, select "Plan."
- Select "Plan By My Requirements." Note: Do NOT select "Browse Course Catalog."
- Review your requirements left to graduate. A collapsed section means you have already met that requirement. For each section expanded, select "View All" to see all classes.
- Determine what classes you need to take this semester. Note: Be aware of when classes are typically offered and any enrollment requirements.
- Select the "Description" name for the class you need to take.
- Select "Add to Planner."
- Select "Return to Plan by My Requirements."
- Repeat steps 7 through 9 until you have your desired classes in your planner.
- Select the "My Planner" button at the top of the page.
- Click the checkbox(es) under the "Select" column of the "Unassigned Courses" list.
- Select the dropdown box for "Move Selected Courses to Term" and choose the semester you would like to take the class(es).
- Click "Move." You will see the class(es) move to a different section for the semester you selected.
- To print your planner, turn off your browser’s pop-up blocker and select "Plan By My Requirements." Select "View Report as PDF" and print the pdf. If the classes you are registered for or have planned to take are listed under the "Courses Not Used List," they are not a requirement for graduation from your current program of study.
For a key to terms and labels used within the planner, see the Planner Key at the bottom of this page.
How to Register for Classes in Your Planner
- Select the Shopping Cart button at the top of the page.
- Select the appropriate semester and click "Continue."
- Select the option to "Find Classes by My Planner" and click "Search."
- Click "Select" for each class to determine your class schedule.
- Click "Select" when you find a class that will work within your schedule.
- Check the box requesting to be put on a waitlist, if applicable. Click "Next."
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 until you have created a class schedule that will work for you.
- Once your Enrollment Date has occurred, go back to your Shopping Cart, click the checkbox(es) under the "Select" column for each class and click "Proceed to Step 2 of 3."
- Read and understand the Terms and Conditions and select "I Agree." Then click "Finish Enrolling."
- A green checkmark means the enrollment was successful; a red “x” means that you could not be added to the class. Review the Message for further explanation of the enrollment status.
- Click the "My Class Schedule" button to verify results.
- You may print the confirmation page for your records and be sure to maintain your Enrollment Request Number.
Unit: How many credits are required, how many you have taken, and how many are still needed
Description column: Name of the class
Units column: The amount of credits that the class is worth
When column: When the class is typically offered
Status column: Status of the class:
- Green circle: Classes that you have taken and passed
- Yellow triangle: Currently enrolled classes with no final grade
- Blue star: Classes that you have put in your planner
- Blank: Unused classes that may fulfill an outstanding requirement