Madison College observes Constitution Day each year on or around September 17. The federal holiday recognizes the adoption of the U.S. Constitution and celebrates citizenship. This annual event is coordinated through Student Life.
National Constitution Day 2020 Events
- Virtual, pre-recorded presentation by Dr. Maurice Sheppard, political science instructor, about the history and relevance of the US Constitution
- Virtual Voter Assistance for students (including registration, absentee ballot requests, finding your polling place, etc.) from 1-3 pm in collaboration with Dane County League of Women Voters
- Students can request a free, mailed packet of Constitution Day resources including:
- A pocket-sized copy of the US Constitution in English or Spanish
- A student voter guide for upcoming elections
- A DIY game about the Bill of Rights
- A resource to make their voting action plan for November 3
Voter registration information is available through the Student Life office or the State of Wisconsin Elections Commission. Registration materials are also distributed throughout an election season at campus events, election tabling and debate broadcasts.