In accordance with Wisconsin's Safer at Home mandates, no face-to-face testing is being offered at any of the Madison College campuses. CLEP testing sessions will not be available until after July 31, 2020. When testing resumes we will make every effort to provide sessions to meet your needs. For information regarding expiring test tickets, please reach out to The College Board. Our staff are working remotely to answer your questions. You may email AssessmentCenter-CAC@madisoncollege.edu and staff will reply during business hours.
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) provides an opportunity for students to demonstrate knowledge for possible college credit. Official CLEP transcripts must be submitted to Madison College for Evaluation. CLEP credits will only be transferred if you are admitted to a program at Madison College.
The awarding of CLEP credit varies by institution. If you intend to transfer to another college or university after Madison College, make sure to check with that institution regarding their CLEP policies.
To see what CLEP scores qualify for credit at Madison College, please view our CLEP Equivalencies.
Student Testing Policies
- You must arrive on time. Late arrivals may not be allowed to test.
- You must have a valid photo ID. If you fail to present a valid ID, you will not be allowed to test.
- Cell phones and all other electronic devices are not permitted in the testing room; lockers are available.
- Purses, backpacks, caps/hats, coats/hooded sweatshirts, watches, wallets and bags must be placed in lockers.
- There are surveillance cameras within the Testing Center.
- No children/guests are permitted in the testing area.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the testing room.
- Calculators are allowed for specific tests. If a personal calculator is allowed, it will be examined before testing.
- Open book/open note testing is only permitted for authorized tests.
- Once a test is issued, it must be completed in one sitting.
- Proctoring services for non-Madison College students require a fee of $20 per hour with a maximum of $40.
- Students, employees and visitors are prohibited from possessing or carrying weapons while in any of the Madison College Testing Centers. This includes on-duty, certified law enforcement personnel in uniform. Law enforcement personnel are asked to schedule tests when they are off duty and not in uniform. This does not include Madison College public safety personnel or authorized instructors from the school of Human and Protective Services.
- Acts of dishonesty are subject to disciplinary action.
- The testing rooms are confined spaces. Please refrain from applying or using fragrances or similar products, as the use of such products may trigger allergic reactions and create health problems.