The Department of Student Financial Finances maintains an accounting system to keep track of the financial transactions of all student clubs. Student clubs must maintain their accounting through this system. No individual checking or savings account can be maintained for any club. If it is found that any club or organization is not using the authorized accounting system for their financial transactions, it may result in disciplinary action against the club representative(s) and/or advisor.
Club Account Balance
To view your club’s account, log onto Workday with Staff/Faculty username and password.
- Search for and select “CR Financial Status” in the search bar.
- Enter club’s account number (75XXX) in the Student Activity menu.
- Click OK to run the report.
- The report returns budgeted amounts for the period, Actuals YTD, Pre-Encumbrances, Encumbrances, Total Actuals, & Encumbrances, Budget Balance and % of Budget Remaining.
- Any blue text can be clicked to give journal or transaction details.
Deposits Into Account
All receipts for your club funds are recorded on a Deposit form.
- Complete the deposit form (with both Treasurer and Advisor signatures obtained).
- Put cash, coins, checks, and deposit form and any other documents into a sealed envelope and take to the Payment Center at Truax. The amount will be verified, the form signed and dated.
- Sign the log at the Payment Center (Truax) as proof of your deposit drop to the safe for delivery by Dunbar.
- Make a copy of your deposit form for your records. Email copy of deposit form to Clubs Coordinator for recordkeeping.
- Your deposit will be contained in the safe to forward with all deposits daily to Financial Resources via Dunbar. If you experience any difficulties with this process or have any questions or concerns, please contact Karen Gretschmann at 258-2347 or email@example.com.
If you make any errors on any calculations, your deposit will be adjusted accordingly. We will no longer be sending deposit form copies back to all the clubs, but will retain the originals.
Withdrawals From Account
Disbursements from your club funds are made by completing a Student Clubs Request for Payment form and returning it to the Accounts Payable Office with the attached information. Only active/recognized clubs can withdraw funds from the club account.
- Indicate club’s name and account number.
- Indicate vendor’s name (or to whom the check should be made payable), address, and social security number.
- Indicate the purpose for requesting funds to be withdrawn.
- Indicate which account(s) and amount(s) to charge for this payment.
- Club Treasurer and Advisor must sign with current date.
- Determine if check should be sent directly to address listed or to Student Life for pick-up.
- Attach all receipts or supporting documentation.
- Submit to the Accounts Payable Office.
- Make a copy of the form for your records.