Code of Conduct Regulation
REGULATION # 420
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION TYPE: Human Resources
Responsible Administrator: Vice President of Human Resources
Location of Related Procedures: Office of Vice President of Human Resources
Administration Regulation Purpose:
All employees of Madison Area Technical College are expected to demonstrate sound stewardship of resources, acting with integrity, and displaying fair treatment and respect for all, ensuring that employment and education opportunities are inclusive and serve all the state’s diverse communities.
This policy is established so that the college can attain its objectives in an orderly and efficient manner and are not intended to restrict the rights of employees, but rather to advise employees of prohibited conduct. Committing any of the acts on the following list will be sufficient grounds for disciplinary action ranging from reprimand to immediate discharge, depending on the seriousness of the offense and/or the number of infractions.
- Work Performance
- Insubordination, including disobedience or failure or refusal to carry out assignments or instructions.
- Loafing, loitering, sleeping or engaging in unauthorized personal business.
- Unauthorized disclosure of confidential information or records.
- Falsifying records or giving false information.
- Failure to provide accurate and complete information whenever such information is required by an authorized person.
- Failure to comply with health, safety and sanitation requirements, rules and regulations.
- Negligence in performance of assigned duties.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Failure to report promptly at the starting time of a shift or leaving before the scheduled quitting time of a shift without the specific approval of the supervisor.
- Unexcused or excessive absenteeism.
- Failure to observe the time limits and scheduling of breaks or lunch periods.
- Failure to notify the supervisor promptly of unanticipated absence or tardiness.
- Use of Property
- Unauthorized or improper use of college property or equipment including vehicles, telephone or mail service.
- Unauthorized possession or removal of the college’s or another person's private property.
- Willfully damaging or destroying the college’s or another person’s private property.
- Unauthorized posting or removing of notices or signs from bulletin boards.
- Unauthorized use, lending, borrowing or duplicating of college keys.
- Unauthorized entry to college property, including unauthorized entry outside of assigned hours of work or entry to restricted areas.
- Personal Actions and Appearances
- Threatening, attempting, or doing bodily harm to another person.
- Threatening, intimidating, interfering with, or using abusive language toward others.
- Unauthorized possession of weapons.
- Making false or malicious statements concerning other employees, supervisors, students or the college.
- Use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs during working hours.
- Reporting for work under the influence of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs.
- Unauthorized solicitation for any purpose.
- Inappropriate dress or lack of personal hygiene, which adversely affects proper performance of duties or constitutes a health or safety hazard.
- Unauthorized or improper use or possession of uniforms, identification cards, badges, or permits.
- Failure to exercise good judgment, or being discourteous in dealing with fellow employees, students or the general public.
- Any other misconduct interfering with performance of duties.