Responses to commonly asked questions
Updated June 28, 2021 - 7:00 p.m.
Please check back regularly as this page will be updated as new information becomes available.
How is Madison College addressing COVID-19?
Beginning June 2, Madison College is entering Phase 2 of our return to campus plan. At this point in time, Madison College will evolve with current health recommendations.
ALL Madison College campuses are open both in-person and online. You can schedule in-person, virtual, or telephone appointments with student support services.
How will I know what format my classes will be for fall?
The Madison College website has the most up-to-date information available in the course schedule.
What is the current status of Madison College campuses?
Madison College campuses are now open. You can meet with our support teams in person, virtual or by telephone.
What are the health and safety protocols I will need to follow when I come to campus?
Madison College will require everyone in our community to follow safety protocols:
· Wearing a face covering while on campus is no longer required. Individuals opting to wear face coverings while on campus are encouraged to continue to do so. Health officials recommend people who are not vaccinated continue to wear a face covering.
· Physical distancing of six feet or more will be recommended, though no longer required.
· Everyone is asked to maintain good hygiene with frequent handwashing.
· Signage indicating physical distances, elevator practices and room capacities will remain to assist those choosing to follow the recommendation.
How will the college communicate with me?
Madison College is committed to timely, accurate and honest communication to our entire community. Our latest updates will be sent via email and posted on our website pages devoted to COVID-19 updates or follow news updates we provide on our official Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts.
Employees may also find updates relevant to their work on the Madison College intranet site.
What if I experience or observe harassment or discrimination?
Madison College is committed to providing a safe space for all students, employees and staff. Prejudiced behavior violates our values and our policies, and should be reported. If you experience or observe harassment or discrimination, Madison College’s Harassment and Discrimination Policy outlines how to address and report these types of unacceptable incidents.
I work to pay for college, but I lost my job due to COVID-19. How can the college help me stay in school?
If you are experiencing financial challenges due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for a COVID Impact Grant or other emergency assistance.
How do I get access to Wi-Fi and a computer to take online courses?
If you are a currently registered student, Madison College will loan you a laptop and a Wi-fi hotspot free of charge.
Is Wi-Fi available on campus?
Madison College has installed additional wireless access points in campus parking lots. Students who need internet access can come to these campuses by car to access secure internet wi-fi.
- This secure Wi-Fi is available between 7 a.m. – 8 p.m., 7 days/week.
- The network is Madison College’s secure Wi-Fi – MC-Secure.
- Users will need to log in with valid Madison College-issued username and password.
- You must park only in designated spaces while using Wi-Fi.
- You must arrive in and remain in a vehicle while practicing mandated social distancing at all times.
- Public Safety will monitor these areas at Truax. Regional campus parking lots are monitored 24/7.
Wi-Fi is available at the following specific campus locations.
- Truax – parking area north side of Health and Information Technology Building
- Goodman South – parking area nearest back/south entrance
- Fort Atkinson – parking area – first, second rows of parking area on north side of building
- Watertown – parking area – first and second rows
- Portage – parking area – first and second rows
- Reedsburg – parking area on east and north sides of the building
In addition, Madison College is now a member of eduroam, a secure network service available to Madison College students. Eduroam (education roaming) is a secure network service available to Madison College students. You can use your Madison College credentials at any eduroam-enabled school and get instant network connectivity. This also means visitors from participating schools can get wireless network connectivity at Madison College campuses.
UW-Madison and UW-Platteville are eduroam members. Use your Madison College credentials to connect to the eduroam Wi-Fi if you are in range of UW-Madison and UW-Platteville campuses. Find additional eduroam locations using the locator map.
If you need help logging into MC-Secure WI-FI, please contact the Student Help Desk at 608-243-4444.
How do I know if information I’m hearing is accurate?
Identifying and relying on credible sources is especially critical as information related to COVID-19 moves quickly. Be sure to verify the source of everything you read and hear. Whenever possible, rely on information directly from an official school, government, public health and reputable media report. Find the latest COVID-19 information here: