Diversity and Multicultural Programming at Madison College is coordinated by the Student Support Advisors within the Intercultural Exchange. We are centrally located in C1430 on the Truax Campus. This space on campus strives to promote access, equity, and academic success in higher education; create a Madison College campus-wide climate of justice; and offers programs and services that enhance personal growth and educate the campus about diversity in all its forms.
The mission of the Intercultural Exchange is to nurture inclusive excellence and intercultural competency through:
- Cross-cultural engagement including community service
- Educational programs and activities
- Peer mentoring and community-building
- Connecting students to available opportunities and resources for academic and personal success
- Facilitating healthy personal growth and development of students
Some past events and programs coordinated by Diversity and Multicultural Programming include: the Monday Exchange and Engage Series (M.E.E.), the Student of Color Leadership Conference, Multicultural Fall Social, Scholarship Writing Workshops, Ethnic Youth Career & College Fairs, and the Pow Wow at Madison College. We support our identity-based clubs and United Common Ground. Find out what's happening at the Exchange and get involved!