Drug Free Workplace Regulation
REGULATION # 407
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION TYPE: Human Resources
Responsible Administrator: Vice President of Human Resources
Location of Related Procedures: Office of Vice President of Human Resources
Madison Area Technical College (the “College”) will ensure that a drug free and healthful workplace exists and that the College maintains compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988. Therefore, it is expected that:
- Employees will report to work on time and in the appropriate mental and physical condition for work.
- Unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of controlled substances on College premises will not occur.
- Appropriate disciplinary action will occur for a violation.
- Drug dependency is recognized as an illness. An Employee Assistance Program will be provided for employees who voluntarily request referral to a treatment source.
- Employees will, as a condition of employment, abide by the terms of this policy and report any conviction under a criminal drug statute for violations occurring on or off the College premises while conducting College business. A report of a conviction must be made within five (5) days after the conviction to the immediate supervisor, as required by the Federal Drug-Free Workplace Act.
- The College will notify the appropriate Federal agency as required under the Drug-Free Workplace Act of any reported convictions of employees as identified above on a timely basis.