You can get credit for a class by completing a skills demonstration. The type of skills demonstration varies depending on the course.
To review classes that offer a skills demonstration:
- Go to Search Classes in myMadisonCollege.
- Select "CPL 99935003 Credit for Prior Learning Demonstration".
- Click View Sections and review the topic headings to see specific classes. Select the option you are interested in.
- IMPORTANT: Review the Notes field to access the outline of instruction. This describes what you are expected to know to earn credit for the class.
If you wish to perform a skills demonstration:
- Register and pay for the CPL class.
- You must be logged into your student account to do this.
- Be aware that some classes require instructor consent.
- You cannot drop this class once you enroll.
- Follow the instructions outlined in the class notes for next steps.
- If you have questions, contact the instructor.
- Complete the skills demonstration when scheduled.
- Check your grades in your student account for pass/fail results on the CPL course. These are typically provided within five days of demonstration completion.
- If successful, your Degree Progress Report will show credit earned within two weeks of demonstration completion.