You can earn credit for a course by completing a skills demonstration. Skills demonstration availability varies depending on the course.
IMPORTANT: Before you register for a skills demonstration, visit the Outline of Instruction webpage. Enter the course name or number to see what skills you need to know to earn course credit.
To review classes that offer a skills demonstration:
- Go to Search Classes in myMadisonCollege.
- Select "CPL 99935003 Credit for Prior Learning Demonstration".
- Click View Sections and review the topic headings to see specific classes. Select the option you are interested in.
- View the Notes field to access the outline of instruction or for more information about next steps.
- If instructor consent is required, contact the instructor listed for the course.
If you wish to perform a skills demonstration:
- Register and pay for the CPL class.
- You must be logged into your student account to do this.
- Be aware that some classes require instructor consent.
- You cannot drop this class once you enroll.
- Follow the instructions outlined in the class notes for next steps.
- If you have questions, contact the instructor.
- Complete the skills demonstration when scheduled.
- Check your grades in your student account for pass/fail results on the CPL course. These are typically provided within five days of demonstration completion.
- If successful, your Degree Progress Report will show credit earned within two weeks of demonstration completion.