HESI Admission Assessment (A2)
Due to the COVID-19 situation and campus closures, in person testing sessions for HESI testing will not be available until after July 31, 2020. The remote proctored testing window will be open May 15 - June 10, 2020. We are working with the test company, Elsevier, regarding remote proctoring sessions. Please see Step 4 below for more information. Please read the information on your Program Page regarding petitioning for the next several semesters.
The Nursing program at Madison College utilizes the online, proctored HESI (A2) assessment tool. Due to the customizable nature of HESI, the test must be completed at Madison College. Testing windows are 10-12 weeks long.
The HESI test could take up to five hours, however most students complete in less time.
If you have a disability and require testing accommodations, complete the testing accommodations reservation form.
Please refer to your Degree Progress Report to determine if you have already met the testing requirement for your program.
- Arrive 10 - 15 minutes prior to your test time.
- Bring receipt to verify payment and Evolve user name and password.
- Valid photo ID.
- Cell phones, pagers and other electronics are not permitted in the testing room. Lockers are available.
- Purses, backpack and bags must be placed in the lockers.
- There are surveillance cameras within the Testing Center.
- No children are permitted in the test area.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the testing room but can be brought and left outside the testing room.
- Students may take short breaks between the components of the test and have access to their food and beverages.
- Students, employees and visitors are prohibited from possessing or carrying weapons while in any of the Madison College Testing Centers. This includes on-duty, certified law enforcement personnel in uniform. Law enforcement personnel are asked to schedule test when they are off-duty and not in uniform. This does not include Madison College public safety personnel or authorized instructors from the School of Human and Protective Services.
- Acts of dishonesty are are subject to disciplinary action.
- The testing rooms are confined spaces. Please be considerate in your use of fragrance or similar products, as the use of such products may trigger allergic reactions and create health problems.