Information and Policies
For Continuing Education
- EnrollmentCourse Information
Registration is available online, in-person at our office or a campus enrollment center, by phone at (608) 258-2301 Option 2 or (855) 473-2301 Option 2, by emailing a registration form to email@example.com, or by mailing a registration form to Continuing Education, 1701 Wright St., Madison WI 53704-2599. Paper forms are included in our schedule mailings.
During the registration process, if a class is full, you have the option to join the Waitlist. If a space becomes available in advance of the class start, the system will automatically attempt to enroll the first person on the Waitlist, and you will be notified by mail and billed. If enough students are waiting, Continuing Education may create additional sections. Please make sure all of your contact information is up-to-date.
Days that are designated "R" and "U" stand for Thursday and Sunday, respectively
Students who are 16 or over can register for most courses with no special permission if the subject material is age-appropriate and if they are not required to attend school during the hours of our class. Those who are age 13 through 15 must complete an Under 16 permission form; permission is most often granted when they enroll together with a parent or guardian.Financials
Enrichment courses are not graded; professional development courses are graded on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis and may award digital badges. Credits do not transfer to other schools.
Computer Course Logins
For on-campus computer classes, you will use the same login as you have in the course registration system. If you don't have a login or have forgotten your password, please visit the login page and use the links to create/activate your login or reset your password. Please phone (608) 243-4444 if you need assistance.
Digital Badges provided in some professional development classes provide you the ability to share verifiable records of your skills and competencies via social media networks or online portfolios.
If a class has insufficient enrollments, it will be canceled 4–7 days prior to the start date. In the event of a class cancellation, our staff will attempt to reach you using the contact information on file. Register early to prevent class cancellations!
College-wide closures are announced on our website and via college email. College instructors and staff may contact you regarding other rescheduled meetings via phone or email.
Stay ConnectedLocations & Parking
If you register online, you have the option of paying with a credit card at the end of registration. For all other methods of registration, you will receive an invoice by mail one to three weeks after registration or can make a credit card payment online via the Payment Center.
You are responsible for all tuition and fees for a course unless you drop the course at least 24 hours prior to the start of class. If you do not officially drop a class, you will be billed for it even if you do not attend. Refunds are issued in accordance with the college's refund policy.
Students over age 62 (or over age 60 in enrichment courses) receive a discount which varies depending on the course. Contact (608) 258-2301, Opt. 2 for specific course pricing.
Locations & Parking
The School of Professional and Continuing Education is committed to promoting and providing a variety of non-credit courses throughout South Central Wisconsin. Madison College is able to offer these courses, which include nontraditional offerings, with the cooperation of school districts and community organizations throughout the district. Courses are offered at Madison College campuses and facilities, public schools, senior centers, neighborhood centers, libraries and area churches.
- Commercial Ave Campus; 2125 Commercial Ave. No parking restrictions except where designated.
- Goodman South Campus; 2429 Perry St. See Campus Parking information.
- Madison College West; 8017 Excelsior Dr. No parking restrictions except where designated.
- Truax Campus; 1701 Wright St. See Campus Parking information. Continuing Education students may also park in Foundation Centre Employee spaces after 5 p.m.
- Truax Foundation Centre; 3591 Anderson St. Parking: Continuing Education students may park in Foundation Centre Employee spaces after 5 p.m.
- Truax Health Building; 1705 Hoffman St. See Campus Parking information.
Dane County Locations
- Badger Prairie Needs Network Building; 1200 East Verona Ave., Verona
- Capital Brewery; 7734 Terrace Ave., Middleton
- Dale Heights Presbyterian Church; 5501 University Ave., Madison
- Fitchburg Senior Center; 5510 Lacy Road, Fitchburg
- JBC Coffee Roasters; 5821 Femrite Dr. #H, Madison
- Madison Senior Center; 330 West Mifflin St., Madison
- Middleton High School; 2100 Bristol St., Middleton
- Middleton Senior Center; 7448 Hubbard Ave., Middleton
- Monona Community Center; 1011 Nichols Road, Monona
- Monona Senior Center; 1011 Nichols Road (Ground Level), Monona
- St. John’s Catholic Church; 209 South St., Waunakee
- Stoughton Senior Center; 248 West Main St., Stoughton
- Sun Prairie Colonial Club; 301 Blankenheim., Sun Prairie
- Verona Senior Center; 108 Paoli St., Verona
- Waunakee Village Center; 333 South Madison St., Waunakee
- Waunakee Senior Center; 333 South Madison St., Waunakee
- Westminster Presbyterian Church; 4100 Nakoma Road., Madison