The Agricultural Equipment Technology Program is a partnership between Madison Area Technical College, John Deere and Company, participating John Deere dealerships and participating students.
After starting the admissions process, follow these steps:
- Schedule an appointment with Bob Gray, lead program instructor at MATC, by email or phone (608) 246-6834 or (920) 229-0041. You will be taking our placement exam during this meeting, so plan on being on campus for about 3 hours.
- Apply for a dealer sponsorship. Find a dealer near you by using the dealer locator. You can also ask Bob to help you identify dealers in your area.
- Complete an interview with an authorized dealer representative to secure sponsorship. You must take the Dealer Approval of Student form to the interview.
- If sponsorship is not granted, you are encouraged to seek an interview with another dealership.
- If sponsorship is offered, the John Deere representative will return the completed form to the college.
We recommend that you work for the dealership during the summer prior to starting fall classes.
Note: On or before the first day of classes, you must give the college your John Deere I.D. number.