60-90 Second Pitch Video
Madison College Pitch Rubric: Round 1 is worth up to 80 points and your video should include the following:
- Introduction: Introduce self, including name, high school and current grade level. (10 points)
- Problem: Clearly identify the problems that needs to be solved. (10 points)
- Solution: Identifies customer’s pain points and how to solve those problem. (10 points)
- Marketing and Sales: Clearly identifies target market and go-to-market strategy (distribution channels). (10 points)
- Financial Projections: Describe the financial forecast for this business venture including revenues earned, expenses and profit. (10 points)
- Closing: Describe the next steps to move forward with specific goals and milestones. (10 points)
- Length: 60-90 seconds-about 10-15 sentences. (10 points)
- Grammar: Use full sentences, proper language and tense. (10 points)
Twelve finalists will be selected from all video contests by a panel of judges.
Students should record and edit videos in a professional manner. Below are the video requirements:
Video should be recorded:
- In a quiet location
- With good lighting
- Using a tripod
- Recorded in landscape mode
- Speak clearly
- Edited version should be 60-90 seconds in length
Videos should be edited in:
- H.264 (MP4) format
- 1080 resolution
- Names in the following format: students last name, first name, business name, 2018
Students should use WeTransfer to submit their Round 1 Pitch Videos. Follow these steps:
- Go to wetransfer.com and click “take me to free.”
- Then click “I agree.”
- Click on the +symbol to add video, enter student email address, send to MadisonCollegePitch@MadisonCollege.edu, attach video and in the comment box write student first and last name then click transfer.
- WeTransfer will send an email letting that file has been sent and when it has been downloaded.
- If student does not receive confirmation email within seven days of sending they should send email to Madison College Pitch.
- After video has been received, student will receive a consent form which will need to be filled out, signed by both student and parent and returned to Madison College Pitch for video to be entered into the competition.