Military Transcripts

Students receiving Federal GI Bill® benefits are required by the Veterans Administration to submit both military and prior college transcripts to the institution they are attending.

To obtain your transcripts, please visit the appropriate websites listed below.

  • Army, Navy, Marines and Coast Guard: Joint Services Transcript (JST)
    The JST is now the official transcript tool for Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard personnel that validates and documents the recommended college credits for professional military education, training courses and occupational experience of service members and veterans. This unified and standardized document makes it easier for institutions to review and articulate these credits as appropriate to service members and veterans degree programs.

    Note: The Air Force utilizes the Community College of the Air Force for its transcripts.

    The JST document will contain the following information for individual service members:
      - Military branch-specific seal (Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard)
      - Service member data
      - Course completions
      - Occupational affiliations
      - Credentialing (certifications and licenses)
      - Military experience
      - Summary page
      - Academic course page (Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy only)
      - College degrees (Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy only)
  • Army Officers: Use form DD 295 (Application for Evaluation of Learning) to report military training and experience.
  • Air Force: The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) automatically captures training, experience and standardized test scores. Transcript information may be viewed at the CCAF web site.
  • Veterans: Under most circumstances, veterans are eligible to use their former service branches transcript program. However, veteran students who are ineligible for the AARTS, SMART, CCAF or CGI systems may instead fill out form DD-295 and provide the DD-214 Discharge Document to receive credit for experience.