My Truth Forum
Sharing personal stories is a powerful way to help build understanding and awareness. The Yahara Journal and United Common Ground hope to further support an inclusive environment at Madison College by providing students and staff a forum to share their thoughts and experiences as it relates to race relations and racial equity.
Our ground rules are simple:
1) We’re asking students and staff to respond to one of the following prompts:
- Describe people who inspire you to create a more equitable and just society.
- Describe how we can inspire people to progress towards a future that embraces racial equity.
- Describe how certain social movements and artistic endeavors can be a catalyst for racial equity and social change.
- Describe how racism has personally affected you.
- Describe a time that you felt the need to speak against racism.
2) The forum is meant for personal experiences, descriptions, and thoughts in accordance with race relations and racial equity. It isn’t for rants or political speeches.
3) It is all right to remain anonymous as an author.
4) Keep out names of private individuals or use aliases.
5) Avoid profanity.
6) Madison College students and staff can participate.
7) There is no submission deadline. This is an on-going project. Students and staff can submit their stories throughout the year.
8) All submissions will be reviewed, and only those that meet our guidelines will be posted. Students and staff can submit their written stories, audio files, or both using this form or emailing them to email@example.com.
9) We will post a "My Truth Forum" link on the Yahara Journal website once we start sharing the submission.