Thank you for being a notetaker. You will need to complete this form for each class you are taking notes in. If you are taking notes for more than one student in a class, list all of the students' names.
I understand and agree to the following responsibilities:
- I have watched the Notetaker Tutorial & Training video and completed any required paperwork.
- I understand the importance of taking notes for students with disabilities and will make every effort to provide thorough, legible notes. I will request feedback on the quality of my notes and make adjustments accordingly.
- I will provide the notes to the student in a timely manner at a mutually agreed time and location.
- I will attend all classes, except in the case of illness or emergency. If possible, I will notify the student at least 24 hours in advance and arrange for a substitute notetaker when I am absent.
- I will keep notetaking assignments and the student's name confidential and comply with Madison College's Student Code of Conduct.
- As a thank you gift, notetakers will receive one $25 gift card for the Bookstore per class credit (ex: a 3 credit class = $75) plus $25 per additional eligible DRS student within the same class. Gift cards will be distributed to the notetaker during the last week of the semester.
- I understand that I will not receive gift cards if the student I am taking notes for drops the class prior to completing 50%. If the student drops after 50%, I will receive the gift cards.
- I understand I will not receive gift cards if I drop the class.