Before receiving notetaking services, please read and agree to the following guidelines:
- Before receiving services, I need to meet with a Disability Resource Specialist to receive an accommodation plan which indicates that I am eligible for note-taking services.
- I need to re-request note-taking services each semester.
- It is my responsibility to complete a Notetaking Request form for each class I want note-taking services for.
- I will work with my instructor(s) to help me obtain a note-taker.
- I understand the importance of informing DRS of any contact information change (i.e. address, telephone number or email address).
- I will immediately inform DRS of any change in my course study that would impact services provided such as dropping a class.
- The responsibility of notetakers is to highlight the major points of lecture, not transcribe it word for word.
- Notes are an additional "tool" to help me succeed in my class(es). I am ultimately responsible for course content, assignments, tests and the accuracy of notes.
- The note-taking services are not a substitute for attending class. Failure to attend class will jeopardize my eligibility for note-taking services.
- It is my responsibility to maintain contact with my notetaker regarding how, when, where and in what format I will obtain my notes.
- My notes are for my personal use only and are not to be shared with other students under any circumstances.
- If I have any questions, comments or concerns about my notes or note-taker, I will contact the Notetaking Service Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (608) 246-6716 or in person at the Truax campus in room C1450.
By submitting this form, you affirm that you understand the services you are receiving and your responsibilities. Contact email@example.com or call (608) 246-6716 with any questions.