Orientation to Online and Accelerated Learning
Madison College students interested in taking an online or accelerated course or program for the first time must complete the Orientation to Online & Accelerated Learning. This orientation will help you make the right decisions about flexible learning options based on your learning style and life situation.
Here's how to sign up for Orientation:
- If you have not done so already, create your MyMadisonCollege Student Account.
- Using your MyMadisonCollege username and password, log in to Blackboard.
- Once in Blackboard, you will find the course catalog on the right side. Click on the "Smarter Measures Assessment" folder.
- You will now see the Orientation course, Course ID "other_SmarterMeasure_mjblack1." Hover your mouse over the link to the course until you see a dropdown arrow.
- Click the dropdown arrow that appears at the end of the course name, and choose "Enroll." Clicking on the hyperlink/course ID will not work.
- On the Self-Enrollment screen, click "Submit" to complete the self-enrollment.
- Once directed to the Self-Enrollment Confirmation screen, click "OK" to enter the course.
- You will be taken to the "Start Here" page. Read this information, including the important details in the "Check your browser before you start the course information," then proceed and complete Tasks 1-4.