Paralegal Student Resources
You may also want to explore: Paralegal Associate Degree Program | Paralegal Post-Baccalaureate One-Year Technical Diploma | Community Resources
- HandbookInternational Certificate
The Paralegal Student Handbook (PDF, 220KB) contains important information about the program for both current and prospective students as well as the mandatory internship.
You will find information about admission requirements, faculty, internships, academic policies and more.
- Paralegal as a Career Choice
- Program Outcomes
- Faculty Contact Information
- Paralegal Associate Degree Admission Requirements (FAQ)
- Paralegal Post-Baccalaureate Diploma Admission Requirements (FAQ)
- Legal Specialty Course Requirement (Traditional v. Online Classes)
- Paralegal Associate Degree Course Checklist
- Paralegal Post-Baccalaureate Diploma Course Checklist
- Academic Policies - Academic Requirements; Transfer Credit; Program Course Access for Students Not in Program; Portfolio (Experiential) Credit; International Certification; Online Classes; Attendance; Repeating a Course; Removal from the Program & Re-Entry; Academic Advising; Internship
Paralegal program students who take 12 credits of qualifying Madison College Paralegal program legal specialty classes are eligible to earn an International Certificate at the time of graduation.
These legal specialty courses qualify for the International Certificate:
- Employment Law
- Legal Aspects of Business Organization
- Immigration Law
- Contract Law
- Paralegal Internship – provided at least 70 hours of the site placement consists of documented international law content.
Lambda Epsilon Chi (LEX) is the National Honor Society for paralegals founded by the American Association for Paralegal Education (AAfPE). There are 170 chapters throughout the United States.
LEX recognizes persons who have demonstrated superior academic performance in an established program of paralegal/legal assistant studies offered at an institution that is an institutional member in good standing of AAfPE.
For more information about the Madison College LEX chapter, including membership qualifications, deadlines, and the LEX Application Form, please refer to the
Employers: Host an Intern at Your Firm
The Paralegal Internship course is:
- The capstone course for our paralegal program students.
- Required of all paralegal students.
- Typically taken in the final semester of academic work.
Our students interview with local offices to earn their site placements. Once their internship sites are secured, an intern must log a minimum of 140 hours under the supervision of their site supervisor.
If you are a legal employer interested in hosting a paralegal intern, you may want to review the
We applaud the cooperation of our internship site offices.