Faculty and Staff Professional Development
Due to COVID-19, The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning will be operating remotely for the Spring 2021 semester. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com. Learn more about our health and safety plans for the semester (https://madisoncollege.edu/covid).
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) serves all college departments and employees in their pursuit of learning and continuous improvement. We strive to enhance learner, staff and faculty success by developing and supporting a wide range of opportunities for professional growth.
- Foundational faculty development programs
- Experiences that promote leadership development, personal effectiveness and individual growth
- Product-specific technology training
- Emerging technologies and instructional methods
- Instructional design best practices
- Innovative learning environments and delivery modes
- Onboarding and orientation
- Mentor relationships
Professional Development. CETL provides training, workshops, and seminars that support all Madison College employees.
Faculty Orientation. CETL hosts orientations for both full- and part-time faculty. Full-time faculty participate in a week long institute called New FT Faculty Orientation (NFI). Part-time faculty are invited to participate in a general orientation session followed by special topic sessions.
Faculty Quality Assurance System. The Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) is the faculty certification system for both full- and part-time faculty.