In the Agriculture Equipment Service Technician program, you learn to repair and maintain agricultural equipment providing hands-on training on the latest technology. Due to the complexity of the industry, you will learn advanced technical skills to work on planting and harvesting equipment today. In addition, you will learn to maintain and repair diesel engine systems, drive trains, hydraulics, electrical systems, GPS, air conditioning, materials handling equipment, and harvesting equipment. You will gain practical, hands-on training and applied skills such as repair, diagnostics and troubleshooting, which are critical for this industry utilizing our state-of-the-art, simulated shop environment from award winning faculty. Hands-on training is driven by local industry to ensure students gain the skills needed to be successful in industry. This program is geared for the hands-on learner who is seeking a minimal amount of time in college and is seeking an entry level position in the agriculture mechanics field. As a student in the Agriculture Equipment Service Technician program at Madison College, you will:
- Train on agricultural equipment in the classroom and in the lab.
- Develop critical diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Develop agricultural equipment service skills for entry-level employment at agricultural equipment employers.
In the Agriculture Equipment Service Technician program, you have the opportunity to:
- Learn from experts in agricultural equipment.
- Get hands-on training with advanced agricultural technology.
- Gain technical knowledge in hydraulics, power trains, electronics, fuel systems, heating, air conditioning and engine service.
- Graduate from the Agricultural Equipment Technician program with a Technical Diploma.
Students in the Agriculture Equipment Service Technician program can attend full time.
Agriculture Equipment Service Technician program classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
Explore financial aid eligibility for Agriculture Equipment Service Technician.