Earning your One-Year Technical Diploma in Machine Tool Operations program at Madison Area Technical College prepares you for valuable work in:
- Machine Operator
- Repair/Precision Machinist
- CNC Machinist
- Machine Repair Specialist
With additional education and/or work experience, graduates may find employment as:
- Journey-level Tool and Die Maker
- Journey-level Mold Maker
- Journey-level Millwright
- Shop Owner
- Shop Manager
- Industrial Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Industrial Sales Engineer
- Die and/or Mold Designer
- Tool and Die Apprentice
- Mold Making Apprentice
- Millwright Apprentice
- CNC Programmer
Get training for high demand jobs, attractive pay and advancement opportunities.
- Entry level metalworkers can average $30,000-$45,000 with a two-year diploma.
- Precision machining can lead to an engineering or business degree.
- Experienced precision metalworkers earn from $40,000 to $75,000 annually.
- Advancement Opportunities to Manager, Teacher, Shop Owner.
- Ford Motor Co., Cadillac Motor Co., Brown & Sharpe, and Fairbanks Morse were all started by machinists.