- Application available on September 1, 2015
- Application review begins after October 15, 2015
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2015
All materials must be sumitted by the application deadline.
1. Admissions Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast, secure delivery to our office.
International students who wish to attend Madison College must complete the International Student Admission Application to apply for an F-1 or M-1 student visa.
2. Application Fee
An application fee is required at the time an application is submitted.
3. Education Completion
Graduation from high school, completion of GED/HSED, or completion of an associate degree or higher is required; submit official transcripts for one of the following:
- High school transcript (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript)
- GED/HSED score report
- College transcript showing an associate degree or higher
Applicants that have attended other higher education institutions must also submit a transcript from each college/university attended.
Transcripts must show the following course requirements. Applicants will not be allowed more than one unsuccessful attempt (C- or below) in any one subject area listed below within the last five years.
a) Algebra: One semester of algebra taken in college with a grade of C or better OR satisfactory math TEAS-V or ACT test scores (see below). Madison College courses that satisfy this requirement are:
- Elementary Algebra with Apps (10-834-110)
- College Math (10-804-107)
- Mathematical Reasoning (10-804-134)
- Applied Math for Chemistry (77-854-756) or higher
b) Geometry: One year of high school geometry OR one semester of geometry taken in college with a grade of C or better. The Madison College course that satisfies this requirement is:
- Principles of Geometry (20-804-200)
c) Chemistry or Physics: One year of high school chemistry or high school physics with lab components OR one semester of college-level chemistry or physics with a grade of C or better. Madison College courses that satisfy this requirement are:
- General Chemistry (10-806-134) or higher
- Survey of Physics (10-806-139) or higher
- Liberal Arts Chemistry (20-806-200) does not satisfy this requirement
- High school chemistry classes must be college-preparatory; Chemistry for the Community or similar classes do not satisfy this requirement.
4. Official Test Scores
Submit official TEAS-V or ACT scores. Minimum test score requirements must be from September 1, 2012, to present:
- TEAS-V: Composite 58.7%, Reading 69%, Math 63.3%, Science 45.8%, English/Language Usage 60%
- ACT: 20 or higher composite score and all sub-scores
If sub-scores do not meet the requirements above, you may complete courses and earn a grade of C or better to demonstrate competency for admission purposes. Testing may be waived on a case-by-case basis if you have a bachelor’s degree or higher in a related biological science.