STUDENTS IN A PROGRAM
Your Degree Progress Report shows the classes you must take to graduate from your program. Use your Degree Progress Report to help you register. Only students active in a program or certificate will have access to a Degree Progress Report.
To access your Degree Progress Report:
- Log into myMadisonCollege and expand the Academic Record menu.
- Select Degree Progress.
- Expand the Degree Career Summary to view your GPA, total credits, transfer credits and other course information.
- Expand your program summary to view credits needed to complete your degree.
- Courses are listed in the recommended term completion order.
- Scroll down the page to see which requirements are or are not satisfied. Click the question mark for details on the requirement.
- For satisfied requirements, click the View Courses button to see which classes met that requirement and what grade you received.
- For unsatisfied requirements, click the View Courses button to see which courses will fulfill that requirement. Click a course to see details and view the upcoming sections.
- Classes are grouped by campus then listed by section number.
- Select a class to add it to your planner or to your cart.
- Verify your eligibilty for your chosen classes by selecting each course's check box and choosing Validate.
- Some programs (e.g., Liberal Arts), list requirements by subject area instead of term completion order.
For additional support with your degree progress report, make an appointment with your program advisor. Find their name under the Add/Drop Classes section.
COURSE TAKERS/UNDECLARED STUDENTS
You may search for classes without logging in to your student account by accessing the myMadisonCollege portal and clicking the Search Classes button. However, you must log in to add classes to your cart and enroll. The search process is the same from both locations.
- Log into myMadisonCollege and expand the Add/Drop Classes menu.
- Select Add Classes/Shopping Cart, and click Search.
- Select the term and the class type from the dropdown menu.
- Enter at least one additional search criteria such as a keyword, subject, 5-digit class number, campus or instruction mode.
- Course Attribute and Course Attribute Value are used for finding Liberal Arts classes.
- The Additional Search Options area allows you to filter results by date, days of the week, time and instructor.
- Click the Search button to return results.
- Results are listed by 8-digit catalog number.
- Select a section to view additional details; description, enrollment requirements, available seats, approximate fees, etc.
- Choose Add to Cart to place that class in your shopping cart.
- Verify your eligibility for your chosen classes by selecting each course's check box and choosing Validate.
- For assistance with searching for classes, contact the Enrollment Center.