About the Council
The Madison College South Campus Initiative Advisory Council is made up of business and community leaders, and residents of the Madison College South Service Area. Staff members from the City of Madison are also involved in the council.
The advisory council will provide feedback and advice to the project management team throughout the community engagement and development process for the new South campus. With the help of engagement consultant Urban Assets, Madison College will conduct targeted outreach to South Madison residents, community organizations, and civic and business leaders to identify the community values, vision, needs and opportunities that will shape the new South campus.
PRIMARY ROLES OF THE COUNCIL
- Develop an intimate understanding of the initiative.
- Spread the word about the initiative and associated community engagement efforts.
- Provide advice to the project management team regarding community engagement, programming and facility development.
THE COUNCIL WILL
- Review and asses data collected by Madison College regarding South Madison.
- Understand state and local regulatory issues related to facility development and procurement.
- Advise the college on additional outreach and data collection activities to inform planning.
- Provide feedback to the college regarding design and programming proposals.
- Provide input on appropriate engagement techniques within the South Madison project area and utilize existing community engagement forums.
- Ensure that diverse interests are represented throughout the planning process and encourage involvement of stakeholders.
The Advisory Council will meet each month March 2017 through June 2018. The council will not meet in December 2017.
Meeting Minutes and Materials
South Madison Campus projected timeline
Map of location and campus renderings
Minutes from the Madison College South Campus Initiative Advisory Council meetings are available for the community.
March 2, 2017
March 28, 2017
April 25, 2017
May 23, 2017
June 27, 2017
In April and May 2016, the Madison College District Board approved the expansion of the South campus facility, academic programs and services to meet the higher education needs of South Madison.
Metro Campus Recommendations:
Metro Campus Recommendations, April 6, 2016
President Jack E. Daniels III Recommendation Remarks, April 6, 2016
Metro Campus Reports:
Executive Summary Metro Campus Report, March 2016
Metro Campus Report, February 18, 2015
Madison College District Board meeting minutes relating to the South campus:
April 6, 2016
April 20, 2016
May 4, 2016
With the help of South Madison leaders and community groups at three community forums, a plan was outlined to expand the South campus.
Input from the community and diverse perspectives are an important part of the Madison College South Campus Initiative process. A series of outreach efforts will help us gather your input.
With the help of Urban Assets, confidential interviews of South Madison community and business leaders will assess future programming, service and design needs for the campus. This will take place in the Spring and Summer 2017.
Urban Assets will conduct four to six focus group meetings in Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 to understand the needs and barriers related to the new campus.