The Madison College South Campus Initiative Advisory Council is made up of business and community leaders, and residents of the Madison College South Service Area. Staff members from the City of Madison are also involved in the council.
The advisory council will provide feedback and advice to the project management team throughout the community engagement and development process for the new South campus. With the help of engagement consultant Urban Assets, Madison College will conduct targeted outreach to South Madison residents, community organizations, and civic and business leaders to identify the community values, vision, needs and opportunities that will shape the new South campus.
The primary roles of the council are:
- Develop an intimate understanding of the initiative.
- Spread the word about the initiative and associated community engagement efforts.
- Provide advice to the project management team regarding community engagement, programming and facility development.
The council will:
- Review and asses data collected by Madison College regarding South Madison.
- Understand state and local regulatory issues related to facility development and procurement.
- Advise the college on additional outreach and data collection activities to inform planning.
- Provide feedback to the college regarding design and programming proposals.
- Provide input on appropriate engagement techniques within the South Madison project area and utilize existing community engagement forums.
- Ensure that diverse interests are represented throughout the planning process and encourage involvement of stakeholders.
The Advisory Council will meet each month March 2017 through June 2018. The council will not meet in December 2017.