There are several levels of academic standing. These are based on your progress toward program completion in a minimum of six eligible-to-grade credits. The levels are:
- Graduation with Academic Honors - This honor is awarded when you complete your program and maintain a 3.75 overall major grade point average (GPA) in the program. When you achieve this honor, a special designation is included on your diploma.
- Dean's List - When you earn at least a 3.50 GPA and complete 67 percent or more of your enrolled courses within a semester, you are placed on the Dean's List.
- · Perfect Honors: 4.0 GPA
- · High Honors: 3.75 GPA – 3.99 GPA
- · Honors: 3.50 GPA – 3.74 GPA
- Academic Good Standing - You must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or above and complete 67% or more of your enrolled courses within a semester to remain in Academic Good Standing.
- Academic Alert - Once you fall below the standard for “academic good standing”, you will be placed on academic alert.
- Academic Probation - If you fall below the standard for “academic good standing” for two consecutive semesters, you will be placed on academic probation.
- Academic Suspension - If you fall below the standard for "academic good standing" for a third consecutive semester, you will be suspended from the college for one semester.
Note: Programs may establish additional levels of standards of progress. These will be published in their program handbook and identified on the course syllabus. Additionally, if you receive financial aid, you must also comply with the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for Financial Aid recipients. These may differ from the college standards.
This policy will be in effect for the summer of 2017.