Steps to Complete GED/HSED in Madison
Complete the following steps in order to obtain your GED or HSED.
You can complete the steps at one of the following campuses.
Goodman South Campus | 2429 Perry St. Madison, WI 53713
Commercial Avenue Campus | 2125 Commercial Ave., Madison, WI 53704
- Attend Welcome Session
Attend the one hour welcome session. Choose to attend at either the Goodman South Campus or the Commercial Avenue Campus during the listed drop-in hours.
Goodman South Campus - Room 133
- Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., 4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday 9 a.m. - noon
- Winter Break (December 23, 2019 – January 17, 2020) Winter break has limited hours, please call to make an appointment at 243-4199.
Commercial Avenue Campus - Room 108
- Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Winter Break (December 23, 2019 – January 17, 2020) Winter Break has limited hours, please call to make an appointment at 246-5208.
At the Welcome Session you will:
- Complete TABE Assessment
You must attend an open testing session for the TABE reading test. Please allow for up to three hours for the test. Choose from one of two locations listed below.
Goodman South campus - Room 132
Monday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. | 4 - 8 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. | 4 - 8 p.m. (Only second and third Thursday of the month)
Friday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. (first and fourth Friday of the month)
Commercial Avenue - Room 210
Wednesday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. | 4 - 8 p.m.
- Attend GED/HSED Intro Class
Attend the two hour class. This course introduces you to the high school completion options in Wisconsin. During this class you will:
- Review GED/HSED Options in Wisconsin
- Complete Career Assessment
- Complete an Academic Plan
- Register for Courses (if needed)
- Meet with your assigned Advisor
- Receive information about the Student One Card
- Complete Employability Skills Requirements
You have three options to complete your employability skills requirement:
- Complete Employability Skills 3 Curriculum at Madison College
- Provide High School Transcript with completed employability skills course (dated within last five years)
- Complete an individual employment workshop at the Job Center. Contact Joe Ledger at 608-242-4916 or email@example.com
- Attend Testing Orientation