Steps to Complete GED/HSED in Madison
Complete the following steps in order to obtain your GED or HSED.
You can complete the steps at one of the following campuses.
Goodman South Campus | 2429 Perry St. Madison, WI 53713
Commercial Avenue Campus | 2125 Commercial Ave., Madison, WI 53704
- Attend Welcome Session
Attend the one hour welcome session. Choose to attend at either the Goodman South Campus or the Commercial Avenue Campus during the listed drop-in hours.
Goodman South Campus - Room 133
- Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., 4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday 9 a.m. - noon
- Please call to inquire about next steps at 243-4199.
Commercial Avenue Campus - Room 108
- Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Please call to inquire about next steps at 259-2977.
At the Welcome Session you will:
- Complete TABE Assessment
You must attend an open testing session for the TABE reading test. Please allow for up to three hours for the test. Choose from one of two locations listed below.
Goodman South campus - Room 132
Commercial Avenue - Room 210
- Attend GED/HSED Intro Class
Attend the two hour class. This course introduces you to the high school completion options in Wisconsin. During this class you will:
- Review GED/HSED Options in Wisconsin
- Complete Career Assessment
- Complete an Academic Plan
- Register for Courses (if needed)
- Meet with your assigned Advisor
- Receive information about the Student One Card
- Complete Employability Skills Requirements
You have three options to complete your employability skills requirement:
- Complete Employability Skills 3 Curriculum at Madison College
- Provide High School Transcript with completed employability skills course (dated within last five years)
- Complete an individual employment workshop at the Job Center. Contact Joe Ledger at 608-242-4916 or email@example.com
- Attend Testing Orientation
- Complete GED/HSED Testing or Coursework
- Review your Academic Plan with your transition specialist, to schedule an appointment call 608-258-2440.
- Log into Your Blackboard Account
- Once you have completed the Test Ready Session (outside of Madison) OR the Testing Orientation (within Madison), you can begin taking the official GED/HSED exams.
- You must register online for the exams.
- Bring a valid ID to this session