Student Satisfaction Inventory
The Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI) is conducted by an outside firm, Ruffalo Noel Levitz. All degree-credit students can take the survey every two years. The survey is taken online, outside of class time and is voluntary. The SSI measures students' levels of satisfaction and priorities, indicating how satisfied students are at Madison College as well as those issues most important to them. Our results are also benchmarked against other two-year institutions nationwide.
If you are a degree-credit student you can take the survey online. Your passcode is '20mc' followed by your student ID number.
- FAQInitiatives Addressing SSI Perceptions
Why should a student take this survey?
A: Student voices matter. The college wants to know what is important to students and how well we are serving them. The SSI team is committed to making the results actionable so students see real benefits and improvements. Students who complete the survey will be entered in a drawing to win great prizes ($500 scholarship, Nintendo Switch, Fire HD Tablet, Insignia Smart TV, Echo Dot, Apple Watch and much more!)
What is the website (URL) to take the SSI survey?
A: Each student eligible to participate will be directly emailed the Ruffalo Noel Levitz survey link, along with their passcode. They may also access the link internally on Madison College’s website, the library’s website or from the student portal in myMadisonCollege.
What is the website (URL) to take the SSI survey?
A: Each student eligible to participate will be directly emailed the Ruffalo Noel Levitz survey link, along with their passcode. They may also access the link internally via: the library’s website or from the Student Portal in myMadisonCollege.
For more questions and answers, read ourGiveaway Rules
Initiatives Addressing SSI Perceptions
- Course Feedback: Faculty must seek anonymous student feedback at least once per course for the purpose of improving their learning environment.
- Timely student response and course progress policy: (Implementation planned for Fall 2020) Respond to student inquiries and post grades promptly so students are consistently aware of their class standing.
- New simplified admissions form went into use in January 2020.
- 180+ programs were broken into 11 Areas of Study to help undecided students choose a career path.
- Six liberal arts transfer pre-majors were launched in 2018 to help students prepare for their bachelor’s degree program.
- Pre-major coordinators were designated to create advising tools and facilitate student/advisor communication.
- Academic Advisors will serve as liaisons for each pre-major.
- New career advising tools are going to be used to assist students with identifying an Area of Study.
- A more robust Career Exploration and Planning platform "Focus 2 Careers" will come online spring/summer 2020.
- Advising support was increased for students in pre-major programs.
- Each academic program now has a "primary" and "secondary" academic advisor assigned
- A new Student Achievement Center was opened at the Portage campus in Fall 2019.
- The library provided Chromebooks and wi-fi hotspots for check-out at every College library to promote digital access and equity to all student learners.
- A new financial advising program (FLP) was formally introduced in 2019-20.
- Former tennis courts were transformed into an additional 250 parking stalls at Truax in 2019-20.
- Additional parking lots have improved lighting for safety.
Official Rules of the 2020 Madison College SSI Survey Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This giveaway program (“Giveaway”) is designed to encourage eligible students to complete the 2020 Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI) Survey. The Giveaway begins on Monday, February 17, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on March 6, 2020 (the "Promotion Period"). Only Madison College degree-credit students from the Spring 2020 semester will be invited to participate in and are eligible to enter this Giveaway. Each survey that is completed online will count as a single entry in the Giveaway. Limit: No more than one entry per person.
To enter the Giveaway, users must complete the online survey with all required information during the Promotion Period. All entries must be submitted and received by 11:59:59 p.m. CT on March 6, 2020. Any survey response received after that date will not be eligible for the drawing.
The Giveaway is being conducted by the Institutional Research & Effectiveness Department of Madison College. Prizes are underwritten by private donations to the Madison College Foundation and the Institutional Research Support Fund of the Madison College Foundation. At the end of the Promotion Period, winners will be chosen at random from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The drawing will be conducted by the Madison College Institutional Research & Effectiveness Department, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Giveaway.
This Giveaway is open only to Madison College degree-credit students in the Spring 2020 semester. Permanent full-time, part-time, or casual employees of Madison College are not eligible to participate in the drawing. Students who work at Madison College as interns, "student helpers" or "work study" and who otherwise meet eligibility requirements are eligible to participate.
A total of six main prizes will be awarded in the following order. Limit one prize per person.
1st week: Drawing on Tuesday, 2/25/2020
- Nintendo Switch with Neon Blue and Neon Red Joy Controller
- All-New Fire HD 10 Tablet (10.1" 1080p full HD display, 32 GB)
2nd week: Drawing on Monday, 3/2/2020
- Insignia NS-43DF710NA19 43-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV HDR - Fire TV Edition
- Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - Smart speaker with Alex
3rd week: Drawing on Monday 3/9/2020
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS, 38mm) - Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band
- $500 Madison Foundation Scholarship
Odds of winning a prize will depend on the total number of eligible surveys received in the Promotion Period.
Winners will be notified via email, mail or telephone within one week. Prizes will be shipped via the most economical means as deemed by the Madison College Institutional Research & Effectiveness Department. Winners need not be present at the time of drawing.
The winners will be required to complete a notarized affidavit before claiming their prize. If any prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a selected entrant either cannot be contacted by telephone, or does not respond to the affidavit within three (3) business days of initial attempt or, if selected entrant refuses the prize, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded.
Taxes on prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners. By accepting prizes, winners consent to the use of their names/likenesses for publicity purposes worldwide, without limitation or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize is allowed except as provided herein.
This promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws & regulations. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualification of the winners and to require winners to sign affidavits of eligibility and liability/publicity releases (where permissible) upon request.
QUESTIONS: Any questions concerning these rules should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.