Before requesting services, you need to have met with a Disability Resource Specialist and obtained an Accommodations Plan indicating that you are eligible for text conversion services. If you have questions, contact the Text Conversion Coordinator at (608) 246-6716 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read and agree to the following guidelines:
- I agree that I need to re-request academic support services each semester.
- I agree that I am responsible for accurately and thoroughly completing the Text Conversion Request for each class and text that I would like to obtain in an alternative format.
- I understand the importance of submitting my requests 4-6 weeks prior to the start of the semester in which the text is required.
- I understand it may take up to 3 weeks to get part or all of my text.
- I understand I might not always receive my texts in the format I prefer.
- I understand I may need to obtain special equipment to play my texts. DRS may be able to loan me some of this equipment, however I assume the responsibility to obtain this equipment elsewhere if needed.
- I understand materials converted for me are for my exclusive use and may not be reproduced, which would be an infringement on copyright law.
- I understand I must purchase the requested text/materials and provide DRS with a receipt. DRS will not provide converted materials without proof of purchase.
- I understand the importance of informing my DRS Specialist of any change in contact information or change in course schedule that could impact services provided.
- I agree to inform DRS immediately if I drop a class or no longer require a text in an alternative format.
By submitting this form, you affirm that you understand the services you are receiving and your responsibilities.