- Application available on February 1, 2016
- Application review begins after March 15, 2016
- Application completion deadline is December 15, 2016
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
1. Admission Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast secure delivery to our office.
International students who wish to attend Madison College must complete the International Student Admission Application to apply for an F-1 or M-1 student visa.
2. Application Fee
An application fee is required at the time your application is submitted.
3. Education Completion
Graduation from high school, completion of GED/HSED, or completion of an associate degree or higher is required; submit official transcripts for one of the following:
- High school transcript (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript)
- GED/HSED score report
- College transcript showing an associate degree or higher
Transcripts must show the following course requirements. Grades of C- or below will not be accepted.
a) Algebra: One year of high school algebra OR one semester of algebra taken in college with a grade of C or better, preferably within the last 5 years OR satisfactory math TEAS-V or ACT test scores (see below). Madison College courses that satisfy this requirement are:
- Elementary Algebra with Apps (10-834-110)
- College Math (10-804-107)
- Mathematical Reasoning (10-804-134)
- Applied Math for Chemistry (77-854-756) or higher
b) Science: One year of high school science OR one semester of college-level science with a grade of C or better. Madison College courses that satisfy this requirement are:
- Body Structure and Function (10-501-153)
- Human Body in Health and Disease (31-509-302) or higher
- Currently enrolled high school students: Six semesters of high school English, including one writing course, with a grade of C or higher for each course.
- High school graduates: Eight semesters of high school English, including one writing course, with a grade of C or higher OR one college-level English course (Written Communication or English 1) with a C or higher.
- Applicants who have not met the English requirement may satisfy the admissions requirement by earning a grade of C or higher in Written Communications (10-801-195) or English 1 (20-801-201).
4. GPA Requirement
a) Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 from high school or 6 credits from an accredited college with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on 4.0 GPA scale OR
b) Minimum test scores for either TEAS-V or ACT from January 1, 2013, to present:
- TEAS V: Reading 62.6%, Math 57.2%, Science 38.5%, English/Language Usage 54.8%
- ACT: 18 or higher in all subscores OR
c) Complete the following courses with a grade of C or better in each course:
- Written Communication (10-801-195) OR
- College Reading Strategies (10-808-101) AND Intro to College Writing (10-831-103)