Every veteran has a story. We want to be a positive part of yours. Perhaps you need help navigating your benefits. Or maybe your challenges are more personal. Either way, we’re here for you and your family.
WHY MADISON COLLEGE IS THE SMART CHOICE FOR VETS
- Madison College provides financial benefits for veterans and their spouses and dependents, or survivors of a veteran, reservist or member of the National Guard.
- Federal and state educational benefits are also available to veterans.
- Active-duty military service members and veterans are eligible to register for classes early, ensuring ready access to the courses you need.
- Madison College's Veteran Services department provides resources, services and benefits on campus, as well as a sanctuary if you need a place to connect with other veterans between classes.
- The Veteran Lounge in Room A2039 on the Truax campus is a safe place for student veterans to relax with free coffee, plus TV and computer access. The space is staffed by fellow student veterans.
- All veterans at Madison College receive access to the college's Disability Resource Services, if needed.
I was in the Navy and was able to use the state GI bill for job training at MATC. I just graduated from the welding program and will start metal fabrication classes this fall. I can’t wait to learn more. I found that if you show initiative, your instructors will bend over backwards to help you. I hope other vets out there will use their veteran benefits to the fullest.
The Student Veterans Lounge is one of many great resources. There’s a brotherhood and sisterhood that bonds you to other vets. Staff at Madison College will guide you toward veteran services to help you and your family. They really care about your experience as a veteran here.