Begin the semester prepared and ready for success.
As a new student, you are expected to participate in WolfPack Welcome. Your family or support person(s) is welcome to attend with you. They will have a chance to participate in workshops geared toward supporting you as a new student.
By attending, you will:
- Increase your knowledge of academic services available free of charge (i.e. writing and math center, tutors, etc.)
- Meet and engage with faculty and develop an understanding of classroom and study expectations
- Plan personal strategies to add to your success (i.e. study skills, financial literacy, time management, etc.)
- Learn where to find the activities calendar and check out upcoming events
- Find out how to get involved and find fellow students with similar interests
- Get your student ID (OneCard) and bus pass (if applicable)
- Receive a free T-shirt, calendar/planner and other helpful items for the start of school
- Be entered into drawings for Bookstore gift certificates and other give-a-ways
Surveys show that participation in the WolfPack Welcome helps students be better prepared, feel more comfortable when classes start and earn higher grades.
2020 Spring Truax WolfPack Welcome
One session offered on Thursday, January 16, 2020, 1 - 5:30 p.m.