Begin the semester prepared and ready for success.
As a new student, you are expected to participate in WolfPack Welcome. Your family or support person(s) is welcome to attend with you. They will have a chance to participate in workshops geared toward supporting you as a new student.
By attending, you will:
- Increase your knowledge of academic services available free of charge (i.e. writing and math center, tutors, etc.)
- Meet and engage with faculty and develop an understanding of classroom and study expectations
- Plan personal strategies to add to your success (i.e. study skills, financial literacy, time management, etc.)
- Learn where to find the activities calendar and check out upcoming events
- Find out how to get involved and find fellow students with similar interests
- Get your student ID (OneCard) and bus pass (if applicable)
- Receive a free T-shirt, calendar/planner and other helpful items for the start of school
- Be entered into drawings for Bookstore gift certificates and other give-a-ways
Surveys show that participation in the WolfPack Welcome helps students be better prepared, feel more comfortable when classes start and earn higher grades.
2019 Fall Truax WolfPack Welcome Dates
Wednesday, August 7, 2019 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Monday, August 12, 2019 2-6 p.m.
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (Designed for First Generation and Students of Color)
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 2-6 p.m.
Thursday, August 29, 2019 2-6 p.m.
Friday, August 30, 2019 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
2019 Fall Regional WolfPack Welcome Dates
Fort Atkinson Wednesday, August 21 2-4 p.m.
Portage Thursday, August 22 2-4 p.m.
Reedsburg Tuesday, August 20 2-4 p.m.
Watertown Thursday, August 22 2-4 p.m.