Club Event Information
How to reserve at table or room on campus for a club-related event and information about posting club information around campus.
On this page
Room and Table Reservations
All all-campus room reservations must be made through 25Live, the room scheduling software for the College. Your club Advisor has access to this system and must make the reservation for your event or meeting.
If you are holding an event or meeting during hours that the building is open and appropriately staffed, then the use of the facility is free of charge. Once your event is approved on 25Live, Public Safety and Facilities will be notified if parking or security is needed. Additional information can be found on the Event Services webpage.
Facility Use Guidelines
Keep these facility use guidelines in mind:
- Schedule event space at least 5 business days before the event and no greater than 9 months in advance.
- Larger events, or those that require the use of the Redsten Gym or the Mitby Theater, schedule event space at least 30 days before the event and no greater than 12 months in advance
- No events can be scheduled in classrooms for an upcoming semester until the classes have been successfully assigned to a location.
- Events scheduled in classrooms must adhere to the class meeting periods (i.e., 50 minutes, 75 minutes, etc.) to allow adequate time to prepare for the next class.
- No event-related activity will be scheduled in classrooms the week of Final Exams.
- Student Clubs and Organizations may only schedule monthly meetings on a semester basis. The club/organization advisor must sign off on all reservations. A student organization or club will designate one person to coordinate room reservations to avoid multiple requests.
- Madison College buildings are open during designated hours and closed for specific holidays. Any events scheduled beyond the normal hours of operation may require additional staff support from the College. The User will be responsible for the associated costs, including overtime charges if applicable.
- All set up specifications must be approved by Campus Scheduling and Event Services (CSES) office. CSES reserves the right to modify any event set-up for any reason.
- Madison College operates a Catering enterprise and as such have first right of refusal for all food services. Please visit the catering website to review their services.
Registered Clubs can reserve tables to promote their club or fundraiser in the Truax Atrium Mall area. To reserve a table, provide Student Life with the date and times you would like to reserve the table(s). Call (608) 246-6224 or go to room B1260 at the Truax campus.
Posting on Campus
Registered student clubs have the right to post promotional materials on campus. All postings must be related to a Madison College sponsored event and contain the name of the sponsor.
- Make copies of your flyer. There are black and white copiers available at Student Life.
- Post promotional materials solely on designated boards, areas, and surfaces. ALL other postings shall be removed. Promotional material is not allowed on walls or pillars throughout campus. Nothing may be posted in entrance or exit areas as those spaces are reserved specifically for emergency information related to building or weather conditions, or any other information that may affect operations of the facilities, or health and safety of building occupants.
- Posting of signs, banners, notices, posters or any other materials not in accordance with these procedures will be subject to removal without notice.
Comments, questions, or concerns regarding these guidelines should be directed to Facility Services, located in room B1244 at the Truax campus main building, for review and/or response as appropriate.