This is the reinstatement request process to use if you are on GPA and/or completion percentage suspension and have shown academic improvement in your last semester of enrollment.
Requirements to Request reinstatement
To request reinstatement, you must:
- Complete at least 6 credits within one semester at Madison College.
- Complete all courses with no final grades of W, F, or I.
- Achieve a semester GPA of at least 2.0.
How to Request reinstatement
Once all of the above criteria are met, you may then submit the Reinstatement After Academic Improvement Form along with your Advisement Report. Both of these items can be found in your myMadisonCollege To Do List. If you are requesting reinstatement after the semester starts, you may also be required to submit Instructor Progress Reports.
If you are reinstated, you will be placed on an Academic Fitness Program (AFP). This requires you to meet all of the AFP requirements each semester until you meet SAP Standards. The Financial Aid Office will evaluate your progress at the conclusion of each semester to verify that you have completed the requirements of the AFP. If these requirements are not met, your SAP Status will return to "Not Meet," and you will be ineligible for financial aid. The requirements of the AFP include:
- Complete all scheduled classes with no final grades of F, W, or I.
- Achieve at least a 2.0 GPA each semester.
- Complete the Instructor Progress Reports for each of your classes by the required deadline each semester.
Instructor Progress Reports should be completed a quarter of the way through your class (four to six weeks for a 16-week class, or two to three weeks for an eight-week class). These must be completed for each of the classes you are registered for that is currently in progress. To complete the Instructor Progress Reports you may either: