User Access Agreement
When you create/activate your Student Account, you agree that you will use Madison College computer resources in compliance with all aspects of the Student Code of Conduct, and the Student Computer Systems Guidelines. Among other things, this means you agree that:
- You will not use any of the College's microcomputers, workstations, or networks for anything other than a Madison College course, research project, personal communications, enrichment activities or college-related official business.
- You will not allow anyone else to use your account or access privileges to gain access to any of the College's computers, workstations, or networks.
- You will not share your password(s) for any of my Madison College accounts with anyone for any reason.
- You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any computer or network - including any computers or networks in remote locations or that are not owned or managed by Madison College.
- You will report any security violations and/or risks that you become aware of to the Technology Services Help Desk.
- Furthermore, you understand that if you do not abide by the rules stated above - or any other rules contained within the Student Code of Conduct, or the Student Computer Systems Guidelines - you will be subjected to disciplinary action as defined in these documents.
According to the "Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974" (Buckley Amendment), name is included in the list of items considered to be directory information and may be released to anyone making an inquiry. As a service to students, Madison College provides a Student Directory containing student name and account username. However, if you filled out a Request to Withhold Student Information form (PDF, 787KB), your name and account username will not be included in the directory. Madison College will not assume responsibility for disclosure or distribution of your account username.