Student Records

Madison College's Enrollment Center maintains all student educational records.

Learn how Madison College protects your information.  

  • Student ID Number

    You are assigned a seven-digit number when you create your student account. This number becomes your student identification number, and is printed on your student ID card, or OneCard.

    We will ask for your Social Security number as part of the student record. These are kept in strict confidence. You have the option of not providing your Social Security number but this may delay processing of certain files.

    Your Social Security number is required for you to do the following:

  • Personal Information Change
    • Name: To change your name, submit a Name Change Form (PDF, 65KB). An original or certified copy of official legal documentation must be submitted with the request form. 
    • Social Security Number: To add or correct your social security number, submit a Social Security Number Update form. An original or certified copy of your social security card and copy of your government issued photo ID must be submitted with the request form.

    • Date of Birth: To correct your date of birth, submit a Date of Birth Update form. An original or certified copy of supporting legal documentation, such as valid government issued photo ID, passport, or birth certificate, must be submitted with the request form.

    • Mailing and personal email addresses:  Update within myMadisonCollege in the Personal Information section. 
    • User name and school email address: Contact the Help Desk at (608) 246-6666 or in person at the Truax Campus, room B2277.

    It is up to you to keep your personal data current. This allows you to receive important messages from the college. It also gives us accurate information in the event of an emergency.

  • Enrollment Verification

    There are two ways to obtain proof that you are enrolled.

    1. The myMadisonCollege New Portal. Click the "Academic Records" tile and select Enrollment Verification.
    2. National Student Clearinghouse. You or any third party (health care provider, property manager, etc.) can submit a request to the clearinghouse.

    If you have a hold on your record, neither Madison College nor the National Student Clearinghouse can release your record until that obligation is met.

  • How to View Records

    If you want to view your official school records, notify the Enrollment Center in writing. It may take up to 45 days to process the request. You will be contacted when your records are ready for viewing.

    If you need photocopies of your records, you will be charged 10 cents per page. Please note that transcripts and test scores submitted to Madison College for admission or transfer credit are not part of your educational record. Therefore, we cannot provide copies of these documents. You must contact the schools directly to obtain those records.