Travel Funding Guidelines
Madison College clubs may apply for funding for conference and other trip costs, such as registration fees, travel and lodging.
Before their departure date, each student must complete the following forms:
If Student Life does not receive the student travel forms before your travel, we will reduce travel funding by 25% for the first time procedures are not followed; 50% for the second offense. Not following Madison College procedures after that could result in zero funding. Violation of this rule could result in revocation of rights for future funding for the club.
Within 10 business days of returning, the Club is required to submit a post-trip report* with the following information:
- An accurate and updated roster of all attendees as an Excel document including Student ID #s.
- Copies of receipts are required for consideration and to be awarded funding (bus, airfare, rental vehicle, gas, etc.)
- If requesting mileage, the # of vehicles driven, total round-trip miles, and the originating location and destination must be submitted in report.
- Student reflection(s) with the following:
- A summary of the trip.
- An explanation on how the trip and/or experience benefits the club and club members and how it relates to the mission and goals of the club.
- An explanation on how your experience can benefit the Madison College community.
- If this was a competition, please explain the results of the competition. Other details that are important to share with the Madison College Community.
- Photos taken on trip. Pictures will be showcased at the annual Student Success Awards Banquet.
*ELT will not review applications or award funds until a post-trip report is received. The post-trip report must be submitted within 10-business days of returning. After 10-business days, funds are reduced by 5% of the original cost per day.