Who is eligible to participate in MATC'S TRIO/SSS Program?
Eligibility for TRIO/Student Support Services is determined by federal regulations. To qualify, a student must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student (which means that neither parent has completed a bachelor’s degree)
- Meet income guidelines (such as qualifying for the federal Pell Grant)
- Have documented disability status with Madison College’s Disability Resource Services (DRS)
Why should I join?
The TRIO/Student Support Services program at Madison College provides outstanding, individualized support and offers a wide range of targeted services. All of our activities are designed to help you achieve your personal and academic goals in a timely manner.
TRIO programs across the country have been helping students realize their dreams for nearly 50 years, and the TRIO/SSS program at Madison College is proud to continue that tradition.
Interested in joining TRIO? Complete the Interest Form below:
TRIO INTEREST FORM
How much does it cost to participate in TRIO/SSS?
Nothing! The TRIO/SSS program is funded through the Department of Education and matching funds from Madison College. There is no cost to you. All we ask is that you take full advantage of the resources available to you.
How Do I Apply?
To apply to the TRIO/Student Support Services Program, visit our office in Room D1651 at the Truax campus or download and complete the application packet. Prospective students must complete a short personal statement and submit a copy of their taxes.
Once TRIO eligibility is determined, you will need to schedule an interview with the TRIO Director, a TRIO orientation/academic success coaching session and an academic planning session where you will complete a Personal Education Plan (PEP). All three appointments are necessary to be accepted into the TRIO program and must be completed within four weeks of each other.
What do I have to do?
Once you have been accepted into the program, you must:
- Meet with a TRIO advisor or academic success coach three times each semester to discuss your academic progress, course selection, educational goals, career objectives and any other concerns you might have
- Complete up to two sets of progress reports each semester
- Attend three workshops each semester, oneof which must be a financial literacy workshop
How much of my time will the program take every semester?
The time commitment largely depends upon you. It might be a few hours each semester or a few hours each week. TRIO meetings, workshops, discussions and tutoring are offered to help ensure your success at Madison College and beyond.
How long will I be in the program?
The main goal of TRIO is to have students complete a degree and transfer within four years of entrance into the program. Typically, participants connect wtih TRIO during their first year at Madison College and remain in the program until they graduate and/or transfer to another college. Continuing students at Madison College also are eligible and encouraged to apply.