After completing the admission process, qualified applicants will be admitted in a pre-program status and should then complete the Start of Semester Checklist. Applicants will then be selected for entry into core program courses through the petition process. Petition requirements vary by program; review the Veterinary Technician Petition Requirements for details.
- Application available on September 15, 2021
- Application completion deadline is August 31, 2022
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
1. Admission Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast, secure delivery to our office.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
2. Education Completion
Graduation from high school, completion of GED/HSED/GED02, or completion of an associate degree or higher is required; submit official transcripts for one of the following:
- High school or charter school transcript (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript) or GED02 transcript
- GED/HSED score report
- College transcript showing an associate degree or higher
3. Academic Requirement
Official transcripts must show one of the following academic requirements:
- Cumulative High School GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale at the time of application
- Cumulative College GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale with a minimum of 6 credits
- Term college GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale with a minimum of 6 credits
- Note: This must be the most recent semester completed
- ACT Composite Score of 22 (from September 1, 2018 to present)
- GED/HSED Completion
4. Residency Requirement
Per Wisconsin Statute TCS-10, because this program utilizes the petition process and the application deadline is after January 1 for fall and/or after May 1 for spring:
- All applicants, regardless of residency status, are eligible for admission application review
- During the petition process priority for entry into core classes will be given to district residents, then non-district state residents, followed by out-of-state residents.
- Minnesota residents are considered non-district state residents for admission purposes.