Mission, Vision, Values
These are the statements we live and work by.
Madison College provides open access to quality higher education that fosters lifelong learning and success within our communities
To be the leader in accessible affordable education that meets the evolving needs of our diverse communities.
- Commitment to students and diverse communities
- Making higher education available to all
1970s The college builds a comprehensive campus at Truax Field. The Truax Campus continues to expand college transfer and career training options.
2016 The South Campus Initiative begins, resulting in donations and support leading to the opening of Goodman South Campus. The new campus opens in the heart of Madison’s most diverse and underserved community.
Past, present, or future. Madison College will be here for you.
Governance and Leadership
The college is led by President Jack E. Daniels, III. The president works in partnership with the District Board of Trustees, who represent district-wide community interests.
Several college policies are developed through Shared Governance, a body of staff and faculty who represent the interests of the entire college community.
Our leadership to date since 1912
- Director A.W. Siemers: 1912 – 1922
- Director Paul Graven: 1922 – 1925
- Director Alexander P. Graham: 1925 – 1947
- Director R.W. Bardwell: 1948 – 1960
- Director Norman P. Mitby: 1960 – 1988
- President Beverly S. Simone: 1988 – 2003
- President Bettsey L. Barhorst: 2005 – 2013
- President Dr. Jack E. Daniels, III: 2013 – present