MYTH: Scholarships are just for elite athletes and 4.0 students
Most people associate scholarships with elite athletes going to big universities. The truth is that there are many scholarships available to students who don’t play sports and who didn’t graduate at the top of their high school class
FACT: All students should look at the available scholarships at Madison College and consider applying.
The Madison College Foundation has distributed $20 million in support to more than 45,000 students
The Madison College Foundation has distributed $20 million in support to more than 45,000 students!
Finding and applying for scholarships
You’ll find scholarships available both through the Madison College Foundation and through external sources. These awards will help with tuition costs and—unlike a student loan—don’t need to be repaid.
Madison College Foundation Scholarships
The Madison College Foundation is the home for scholarships directed specifically to Madison College Students. They make it easy to apply for a pool of scholarships with one application.
A few things to keep in mind before you start the application process:
- Applications are open twice a year. Visit the Madison College Foundation website for current deadlines.
- You must be taking at least 6 credits.
- You must be accepted into a program at Madison College.
- You must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- You must upload a letter of recommendation.
- You must upload your college or high school transcript.
Check out a list of 50 scholarships offered through the Madison College Foundation at madisoncollege.academicworks.com.
External scholarships are not specific to Madison College and can be a great way to help offset your cost of attending school.
A good place to start to search for these scholarships is our Ask Madison College page.
- You must apply for scholarships.
- If awarded a scholarship and a FAFSA has been completed, you must notify the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com of your award.
- The scholarship provider must mail the check to the Madison College, PO Box 7906, Madison, WI 53707 along with your information to put it in the correct account.
- If the check is made out to you and Madison College, you must endorse it in the Truax Payment Center.
- The scholarship is disbursed after the Pell recalculation cate and will go to your student account to pay towards any remaining balances.
- If the scholarship is more than the amount you owe to the college, you will receive a refund.
Devi Bhargava Scholarship – International Student
One $500 scholarship will be awarded each academic year to an eligible student visa holding international student at Madison College. This student must not only meet all eligibility criteria but must also embody the humanitarian and international characteristics that were an integral part of Devi Bhargava’s life and work.
International Student Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to F-1 visa holders once per year with an application deadline of March 31 for a Spring semester award.
The International Student Foundation Scholarship has been made possible by the Madison College Foundation, which has dedicated $1,500 in scholarship funds for F-1 visa-holding international students at Madison College. The scholarship is designed to assist students who have demonstrated good academic performance and clear career aspirations but are experiencing financial difficulties. It is anticipated that the available funding will be divided among the top three to four applicants, with the highest award not to exceed $600.
Scholars of Promise
The Scholars of Promise program provides low-income, graduating high school students from the Madison College District an opportunity to access a college education without worrying about how to pay for it.
We're here to help
You’re never alone in trying to figure this all out. Our financial aid counselors are experts in helping students tap into the aid they need.
- If you have a question about a scholarship from the Madison College Foundation, contact Ruth Hankes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.246.6719.
- Check out our Guide to Financial Aid at Madison College (PDF)
- Book a virtual appointment with one of our financial aid counselors.
- Chat now with one of our financial aid counselors.