Don't let financial barriers keep you from going to college!
Scholars of Promise empowers income-eligible students to start their higher education journey with strong programs and financial support to reach their academic dreams.
We cover tuition and fee costs that grants and scholarships do not for up to six consecutive semesters - summers excluded.
Financial Aid Application Assistance
We provide dedicated support through focused application completion workshops.
Promise to Promise
Scholars of Promise (SoP) students who are admitted to the University of Wisconsin–Madison are guaranteed to have their tuition and fees covered by a financial aid promise program while they continue on to complete a bachelor's degree at UW–Madison.
The Office of Admissions and Recruitment and the Office of Student Financial Aid at the University of Wisconsin–Madison offer additional support and resources for Madison College Scholars of Promise students who are interested in transferring to UW–Madison.
Retention Initiatives and Student Engagement (RISE)
Scholars of Promise partners with the RISE office to provide the following support services:
- Dedicated Advisor and Success Coach
- Access to tutoring, mentoring, and workshops to help students grow personally, professionally, and financially
- Retention tools that include Personal Education Plan & Progress Reports
- Celebration of achievements and completion
Learn more about RISE
- Must be a current graduating high school senior (including students seeking asylum or refugee)
- Attending high school in the Madison College district or attending online school with a home address in the Madison College district* (includes students participating in the Madison College Gateway to College program)
*Check eligibility: https://www.wtcsystem.edu/detailed-college-map/
Support is available - just reach out
Scholars of Promise Visit
We can come to your high school or community organization to share program information.
Scholars of Promise Apply Day Session
Held once each semester, Apply Day is your chance to get assistance completing program application materials.
All application materials are due April 1.
Application decisions are made in early May.
Donate to Scholars of Promise
By removing financial barriers, Scholars of Promise is making Madison College accessible to all students who meet program standards and are willing to commit to the program’s requirements. You can join us in our mission to support our most promising population of students and help them achieve their academic dreams.