Whether for admission or course requirement completion, you must send transcripts from other schools according to these guidelines.


Official transcripts must be sent from the institutions you attended in a sealed envelope. We also accept transcripts from approved third parties such as Parchment, Credentials Solutions and National Student Clearinghouse. We cannot accept faxed, emailed, scanned, advising copy, campus use only or web-produced transcripts.

The submission of documents that are forged, fraudulent, altered from the original, obtained under false pretenses, or are otherwise deceptive is prohibited by Madison Area Technical College. Submission of fraudulent documents (directly to Madison College or via a third party like a credential evaluation service) may result in suspension, expulsion, a bar from applying for admission and/or enrolling in classes.

If your transcripts include a former first or last name, inform the Enrollment Center to minimize processing delays. 

If you order your official transcript electronically and you are required to provide a Madison College school email, using enrollmentservices@madisoncollege.edu will allow us to receive the inbound transcript. Official electronic transcripts must be sent by an approved third party. We are unable to accept self-submissions of electronic transcripts.  

Test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to be considered official. Madison College does not accept copies of student score reports or scores listed on high school transcripts. 

Any unofficial transcripts or test scores received by the college will not be linked to student academic records and will be confidentially destroyed upon receipt. 


Official transcripts will be electronically imaged once received by the Enrollment Center. The original documents will be destroyed. Imaged documents are kept on file for three years. After this time, you may need to resubmit your transcripts.


Transcripts and test scores submitted to Madison College become the property of the college and cannot be returned to you. If you would like a copy of your transcript or test scores, contact the institution or the testing agency that originated the document and request copies to be sent directly to you.

  • High School Transcript

    If you are currently in high school or charter school, submit your official in-progress transcript with your admissions application. After graduation, submit your final official transcript. High schools will notify Madison College if an applicant does not graduate, at which time Madison College will contact the applicant with alternative options. 

    Early graduation: If you have not yet graduated and plan to graduate early, we require confirmation from your high school. Please have your high school submit documentation on school letterhead that includes your name, date of birth, and anticipated graduation date. They can submit confirmation in one of the following ways:

    Email: EnrollmentServices@madisoncollege.edu

    Mail: Enrollment Center, Madison College, 1701 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704

    Please note that student submissions of early graduation confirmation will not be accepted.

  • GED/HSED Documentation

     GED/HSEDs completed at Madison College

    • Prior to 2014, students must contact the Testing Center to get official documentation submitted to the Admissions Office.
    • After 2014, no additional steps are required as this information will be on your student file.

    GED/HSEDs completed elsewhere

    • Students must submit official transcripts from the awarding state agency. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the official testing agency. We cannot accept GED/HSED score reports or transcripts printed on high school transcripts.

      • GED/HSED 5.04/5.05 students may have a score report
      • GED/HSED 5.09 students may have a transcript
    • Students that have completed the GED02 must submit official transcripts from the awarding high school.
  • Home School Transcript

    Home-schooled students should submit a transcript produced by the home schooling agent responsible for the instruction of the student. The transcript should list courses with grades and the grading scheme, or may simply include detailed course descriptions. The transcript must be signed with an original ink signature and dated by the agent.

  • Closed Schools

    If your high school or college has closed, you should contact your local or State Department of Public Instruction (DPI) to order an official document.

    If a public or private school record no longer exists, contact DPI to request the following on official DPI letterhead: name of school, year school closed, name of student, and, if recorded, the year graduated. The letter must be signed with an original ink signature and dated by a DPI representative. You may then submit that letter to Madison College.

  • U.S. Territories Transcript

    If you attended high school and/or college in one of the five U.S. territories, you must submit the following documents to fulfill the education completion admission requirement.

    • Official transcripts that demonstrate high school/secondary completion or collegiate-level education completion equivalent to an Associate's degree or higher.
    • If the official transcript is not written in English, you may submit transcripts and request verification from a Madison College staff member.

    Territories are subject to change based on U.S. policies, but currently include:

    • American Samoa
    • Guam
    • Northern Marina Islands
    • Puerto Rico
    • Virgin Islands, US
  • International Transcript

    If you obtained your educational credential outside the U.S., you must submit both of the following:

    1. Credential Evaluation 

    A credential evaluation is different from a translation because it shows how your educational system aligns with the U.S. educational system and converts grades into the U.S. equivalent.

    • A general credential evaluation with grade point average meets the minimum requirement for admission.
    • A detailed course-by-course credential evaluation is required when requesting credit for prior learning, through which courses from other institutions may be counted towards a Madison College program.

    See the list of Madison College recommended evaluation services

    2. Official transcripts 

    You must submit official transcripts that meet the Education Completion requirement for the program you are applying to. Requirements can be confirmed on the program webpage or on the Admission Requirement page for your program. Examples (varies by program): 

    • High school/secondary completion 
    • Collegiate-level education completion equivalencies  

    Official transcripts must be sent by the issuing institution, examination board, or ministry directly to Enrollment Services. If you order your transcript electronically and must provide a Madison College school email, use enrollmentservices@madisoncollege.edu to allow us to receive the inbound transcript. If the institution is sending a hard copy of your official transcript, it can be mailed to our office:  

    Madison College
    Enrollment Services
    1701 Wright Street 
    Madison, WI 53704 

    Applicants seeking F-1 student visa support from Madison College should follow the steps for International Student Admission.